Internally & Externally
Title : Receptionist & Personal Assistant
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Supervises : N/A
Report to : Admin. & HR Manager
Contract duration : 1 year with possibility extension depend on funding
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for administrative support to the office and for receptionist duties of The Asia Foundation, including maintaining daily schedules, office arrangements, routine correspondence and reports, maintaining senior management’s files and comprehensive contact lists, responding to inquiries, greeting visitors, first point of contact for all telephone inquiries, and other administrative support tasks including act as primary liaison with the suppliers/business counterparts as well as provide assistance to the Country Representative and Deputy Country Representative.
Country Representative, Deputy Country Representative, Administration. & Human Resources Manager, program and financial and administrative staff in the Dili office on a regular basis.
Current and prospective Timor-Leste partner organizations, including NGOs, government agencies, universities, schools, vendors and other local organizations on a regular basis. Foundation consultants and international visitors to the Foundation.
Demonstrated experience in secretarial and office administration or program management support.
Work experience with international organization preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Tetum required, Portuguese and Indonesian proficiency also preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Pro-active performance style
Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Receive visitors at the front desk and answer any inquiries.
- Advise staff about arrival of visitors and request them to accompany to the office.
- Record all reservations and appointments.
- Make outgoing calls for staff and log them on the telephone database.
- Maintain reception area, including restocking of publications on bookcase, ensure photocopy paper and toner is available.
- Correspondence, incoming/outgoing: maintain outgoing/incoming files and Correspondence Registers.
- Ensure all the packages to be sent to the appropriate person or organization.
B. Administrative Support to the Senior Management
- Maintain daily schedule and monthly schedule for CR and DCR
- Maintain the domestic and/or international movement for CR and DCR.
- Arrange meetings by request of CR and DCR as well as Senior staff as needed.
- Oversee staff’s in and out box, prioritizing correspondence by importance; route documents appropriately
- Prepare routine correspondence, including tracking letters and memos of acknowledgement, transmittal, and thank you letters.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive contact list for all staff and update once per month and provide list to all units.
- Maintain internal contact list and emergency contact list and update once per month or more often if there are staff or contact changes.
- Maintain master contact list of all Foundation partners, stakeholders and other important contacts.
- Check email sent to TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org on daily basis, print key emails and provide to related units or staff members.
- Advise Supervisor about every absence from Front Desk; develop schedule for lunch-time coverage of Front Desk.
- Report to Admin. & HR Manager and or DCR about staff absences from office.
- Assist Program staff with scheduling TAF visitor’s appointments with relevant government institutions and national and international agencies.
- Prepare the invitation and general email to all staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Friday, 16 January 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview