OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Title: Senior project Assistant for Human Trafficking Project (1 Staff)
Duty Station: Dili, Timor-Leste
Type of Appointment: SPECIAL SHORT TERM
Reference code: SVN/2015/001
Under the direct guidance of the Counter Trafficking Programme Manager, the Project Assistant will provide specialized assistance in planning, implementation and monitoring of the programme entitled “Making the Case for Human Trafficking in Timor-Leste:
- Assist in mapping relevant agencies for training, assessing current levels of knowledge and information needs, assist in developing training materials, and conducting training sessions;
- Draft and circulate workshop reports, and maintain regularly updated contact information sheets for workshop participants;
- Screening potential victims of trafficking, developing case management plans, and providing return and reintegration assistance, whilst respecting the principles of full confidentiality;
- Provide technical support to the Chair of the Inter-Ministerial Trafficking Working Group (ITWG).
- Undertake Secretariat responsibilities for the ITWG, including drafting and circulating meeting minutes, following up on points of action, and compiling and maintaining documentation relevant to the functions of the ITWG;
- Coordinate logistical and technical preparation of key documents, including assistance in preparation and dispatch of letters of invitation, receipt of confirmations, sourcing of venues and food and beverage services, and preparation of meeting notes and documentation;
- Assist the counter trafficking manager to maintaining effective and productive working relationships with government and civil society partners.
- Work together with potential partner in preparing for and hosting quarterly stakeholder meetings.
- To attend and represent the counter trafficking unit at meetings and prepare relevant reports accordingly;
- Undertake skills development opportunities and trainings as required in order to enhance professional and technical capacities
- Draft reports ; collect, compile, analyse and present data and information regarding cases of trafficking in persons and assistance provided by IOM and its partners
- Circulate all information or data of training and ensure reporting on the monitoring and evaluation framework; identify issues and deviations and initiate remedial actions.
- As appropriate, provide leadership and learning opportunities for lower/junior staff in the performance of their functions, through a mentoring and skills building approach to build capacities
- Any other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- University degree preferably in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations and/or Law; b) at least Six years or more experience in Counter-Trafficking programmes; c) Work experience in liaising with government authorities, other international/national institutions, and NGOs;
- Excellent report writing and organizational skills; b) excellent communication and negotiation skills. c) personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency flexibility and respect for diversity; d) strong strategic and creative thinking; e) ability to work effectively/harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultural and professional backgrounds; f) high level of computer literacy.
Language : Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Portuguese and/or Bahasa Indonesia an asset
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com.
Applications submit directly to IOM Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Post is open only to national of the country. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: Thursday, 22 January 2015 at 5.00 PM