Title : Program Assistant – National position
Program : Local Governance
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Reports to : Local Governance Coordinator
Contract duration : 2 years (full time), with possibility for extension based on funding
Summary of job responsibilities
The Support Program Officer will ensure the implementation of PNDS M&E particularly looking at the PNDS implementation process, and community participation at all stages of PNDS cycle as well as PNDS research studies. In coordination with local governance coordinator he or she will work very closely with local partners in the designing of PNDS M&E methodology; develop questionnaires, and preparing report. He or she also will work very closely with selected University and or researcher to design research framework on PNDS program and how it fits to Timorese government environment.
Internal Foundation Contacts
Local Governance Coordinator, and team, other relevant program staff, finance, and administrative staff in the Foundation’s East Timor office on a regular basis.
East Timorese partner organizations such Belun and Luta Hamutuk, Ministry of State Administration, DFAT, Suco councils, civil society representatives and other government agencies;
- Demonstrate work experience and knowledge in dealing with government offices, civil society and community leaders (suco councils) in Timor Leste, including design and implementation of capacity building program.
- Demonstrate work experiences and knowledge in project management of a governance project funded by an international donor.
- Familiar with community leaders/suco councils including civil society groups in Timor Leste.
- Knowledge of and experience with East Timor government ministries, and agencies, and NGOs.
- Experience in facilitating, coordinating, and communicating between organizations and individuals.
- Familiarity with grant management, either as grantee or grantor.
- Ability to work closely, cooperatively, with government and NGOs.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills (English, Tetum, and Portuguese).
- Culturally sensitive interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, and computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheets.
Job function and responsibilities
- Prepare budget, activities plan, activities report, training program, scope of work, term of reference, and documents needed to support for suco councils association and strengthening suco council association capabilities.
- Help estimate financial requirement (Budget) of program activities.
- Prepare requests for financial advances.
- Prepare request to purchase, canvasing and services.
- Assist program officers liquidate advances.
- Assist program officer in conducting meetings, trainings, coordination, and logistic support.
- Assist program officers maintain steady flow of finances, supplies and materials for field activities.
- Assist Program officers, to ensure that documentation of all activities are properly handled and consolidated (especially for district level activities).
- Perform such other administrative tasks related to the suco governance program.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. Please address your application to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email email@example.com before or by Friday, 09 January 2015 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview