USAID’S BA DISTRITO PROJECT
TITLE: Administration and Human Resources Officer (National Position – Dili based with occasional district travel)
START DATE: As soon as possible
DURATION: 12 months, extendable depending on funding
REPORTS TO: Finance and Operations Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 12, 2015
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions.
The Administration and Human Resources Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager and will be responsible for all administration, human resources, logistics and procurement activities for the office. This may include scheduling venues, issuing invitations, procuring materials, providing on-site support for large planning and training workshops, project launches and media events, advocacy/stakeholder meetings, etc. S/he will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the project and maintaining the organization’s support services such as transportation, security, telephones and maintenance services. S/he will also be responsible for inventory control for the project and for maintaining all purchase order files. it will make sure that all procurement follows USAID procurement policies.
· provide an effective and personnel manual to ensure successful delivery of project
· research and promote HR best practices in the working environment
· overseeing timesheets and performance evaluations ensuring that they are completed on time
· takes a leadership role in developing a positive, equitable working environment
· administers an effective performance management strategy including, effective job descriptions, work plans, and appraisal and feedback systems
· develops, coordinates and implements new employee induction
· cooperates with IT expert to ensure the effective follow up of ICT policy
· ensures all kinds of administrative and logistical support
· prepares procurement request/handle all office related repair and maintenance request following USAID procurement policies
· handles telephone, internet service, cleaning service and others
· arranges payment all utility bills, repairs and maintenance bills
· coordinates transport management and repair
· responsible for lease agreement/contract handling
· managing day to day office administration
· providing needful support to all administrative activities
To apply, please send an email with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than close of business January 12, 2015.