Vacancy for English Language Teacher Trainer
Timor-Leste English Language Program (ETELP), funded by Australian Aid, has a vacancy for an in-service Teacher Trainer to start in January 2015 on a one-year contract.
ETELP, in collaboration with UNTL-FEAH, INFORDEPE and INDMO, is currently delivering an in-service training program for English teachers in secondary schools in Ainaro and Manufahi. The program is prepared in Dili with regular intensive teaching visits to the districts.
The Trainer will undergo a two-month training and probation period before assuming duties as a Master Trainer in March 2015.
- Open to Timorese nationals only
- Bachelor Degree, in English, English Education or Education
- At least 1 years’ teaching experience.
- High level of proficiency in English (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel) with willingness to expand IT skills
- 2 x references
- Willingness to travel regularly to districts
- Maximum age 35
- Good health (doctor’s certificate)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Dedicated to communicative and student-centred English language teaching
- Familiar with the new Timor-Leste National Curriculum for English
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, a current CV, and contact information for 2 references to:
Mr. Julio Pereira Martins, INSET Manager
ETELP Office: UNTL-FEAH, Liceu Dr. Francisco Machado, Avenida Cidade de Lisboa, Dili
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 3rd December 2014.
Please note that referees who have observed teaching performance are preferred. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview in December 2015.
Final selection will be based on:
- English Proficiency Test
- English Teaching tasks