Title : Sub-awards and Compliance Manager
Program : Finance Unit
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Supervises : Program Finance Staff
Reports to : Finance Manager
Contract Duration : 1 year (full time), with possibility for extension based on funding
Summary of position
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Sub-awards and Compliance Manager (hereon after the “incumbent”) will manage an assigned portfolio of grants/sub-awards from proposal, post award to closeout; ensure full compliance of all grants/sub-awards with donor regulations; oversee monitoring and financial reporting of partners; oversee grant/sub-award payments; provide training and capacity building to partners; manage 4 program finance staff and coordinate with programs, grants, finance and management teams.
Internal Foundation Contacts
Daily contact with the Finance Manager, program finance staff and program staff. Regular contact with relevant Foundation staff as needed.
Regular contact with local partners
Program Finance Management
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, oversight of the Program Finance Unit.
- Review Letters of Grant, Letters of Contract, amendments, and other documentation necessary for program development and implementation.
- Oversees the development of project budgets, partner budgets and spending projections.
- Oversees the due diligence and regular monitoring requirements of sub-grants and sub-contracts.
- Ensures compliance with grant management and financial policies and practices of The Asia Foundation and its donors.
- In close coordination with the Finance Manger manages program finances as assigned; reviews regular financial reports from partner organizations; and coordinates implementation and information sharing with other program staff.
- Undertakes field visits, as necessary, to monitor project implementation and meet partner organizations.
- Drafts and/or edits regular reports to the Finance Manager or donors or Foundation senior management, as assigned; supports Timor Leste office staff in advancing the quality of report writing.
- Contributes to financial monitoring discussion during the Quarterly Program Review meetings
Supervision of Staff and Training Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of program finance staff (currently four staff members).
- Participates in staff performance evaluation and planning system and process; identifies opportunities for the professional development of staff in the program finance unit.
- Provides training to program finance staff and partner organizations on the use of Quickbooks, policies and procedures of The Asia Foundation and its donors.
- Provides training to program, program finance staff and partner organizations in respect of financial management practices, spending projections and other identified financial support needs.
- Promotes knowledge of and adherence with Foundation policies and best practices including, but not limited to, Ethics, Conflict of Interest, Fraud Prevention, Child Protection, and Gender Equality.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant depending on the applicant’s circumstances and experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a portfolio of grants/sub-awards from proposal, post award to closeout;
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and auditing a portfolio of grants;
- Experience in training grant/sub-award partners;
- Superior knowledge of Quickbooks and the ability to train others in the use of Quickbooks; and
- Experience in DFAT and USAID grant management preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, including ability to work with and manage cross-cultural teams, adaptability to developing-country contexts, and commitment to respect the culture and laws of Timor Leste.
Degree or qualifications in Accounting/Auditing will be highly regarded.
Living and working experience in Asia. Proficiency in Tetum or Bahasa Indonesian would be highly regarded.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. This position is open for International and national applicant.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Friday, December 5th 2014 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview