Plan International in Timor-Leste
Senior Education Program Manager
Plan International in Timor-Leste is growing! We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Timorese national development professionals interested in careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 48 developing countries.
Plan has been working in Timor-Leste since 2001, helping children and youth to access their rights to education, health, livelihoods and protection.
Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org and/or
http://plan-international.org/where-we-work/asia/timor-leste, for more information;
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and this position is open to Timorese National only. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Plan Timor-Leste’s Education Program, comprised of an ECCD Project, Inclusive Education Project and a future Basic Education Project, focuses on Aileu Districts and Maubisse Sub-District. The Program also initiates and supports education and child development related research. Managers and staff contribute to national level basic education, ECCD and inclusive education policy and practice development. Plan aims to strengthen gender equality in education and safe, non-violent school, community and home environments for children.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
· Member of Country Management Team
· Supervises 2-3 Project Managers
· Manages relationships with NGO partners
· Responsible for budget of $500,000+ per year
· Manages narrative reporting to donors
· Manages relationships with Plan Finland, Plan Germany and Plan Australia
Responsibilities will include
· Overall – to lead and manage the Plan Timor Education Program
· To lead design of the next stages of ECCD and Inclusive Projects
· To lead design and launch of Basic Education Projects
· To move the program to being gender and disability transformative
· To institute monitoring and evaluation
· Represent Plan Timor Leste in national and international forums for education
· Manage and supervise Education Program staff and support their professional development through advice and mentoring
· Build strong professional relationships with key partners
· Prepare quarterly, annual and other plans, budgets and reports
Skills, qualifications, experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Education or related technical field
· Four to eight years Education or ECCD program experience
· Minimum two years’ experience and demonstrated skills in management of education or child development programs preferred
· Two years experience of managing and reporting on large donor grants preferred
· Proven skills in capacity building of staff and partners
· Experience in strategic program design, monitoring and evaluation
· Demonstrated commitment to gender equity, social inclusion and participatory approaches
· Fluent written and spoken English essential
· Fluency in Tetun and/or Bahasa Indonesia an advantage
Location Based in Plan’s Country Office in Dili, with frequent trips to Aileu and Ainaro Districts and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 December 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.TimorLeste@plan-international.org or by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos. Please contact above email address if you need a copy of the Job Description
Plan International in Timor Leste
Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20
Bairo dos Grilos
PO Box 246, Dili, Timor Leste
Office +670 331 2492 |
“Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”.