TITLE: Accountant (National Position)
START DATE: As soon as possible
DURATION: 4 months (This is covering the position of the current Accountant who is temporarily acting in another role.)
REPORTS TO: Finance and Operations Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 21, 2014 but Counterpart reserves the right to fill the position before then if the appropriate candidate is found.
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions.
The Accountant will report to the Finance and Operations Manager and will be responsible for accounting tasks associated with Counterpart’s grant funded and other programs. The Accountant is responsible for applying accounting procedures to program structures, cycles, and needs. This position involves processing and auditing expense reports and records; preparing monthly invoices to funding agencies; reconciling invoices with GL; and preparing pipeline and other finance reports.
· Process and record financial transactions during the day. Make sure that all ledgers are updated.
· Check and post monthly transactions into Excel spreadsheet for onward posting to Quick Books system. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
· Dealing with cash transactions. Preparation of cash vouchers, maintenance of cashbook on daily basis.
· Dealing with bank transactions. Preparation of vouchers, maintenance of bank books on daily basis.
· Preparation of all bank account reconciliation statements on monthly basis.
· Upon receipt of approved documentation, prepare/process payment vouchers, check/bank payments and obtain required signatures.
· Prepare cash requirement statements for cash needs in the office.
· Prepare cash counts and prepare transaction worksheets for cash and bank activities for the supervisor’s review.
· Ensure the proper security of cash in the safe.
· Maintain an Advance Register for personal and program related costs.
· Review and check all support documents for financial reporting of grants.
· Photocopying and sending financial documents to Counterpart HQ and updating filing systems.
To apply, please send an email with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than November 21, 2014.