Plan International in Timor-Leste
Media and Communication Manager
Plan International in Timor-Leste is growing! We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Timorese national development professionals interested in careers with a major international children’s NGO.
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 48 developing countries.
Plan has been working in Timor-Leste since 2001, helping children and youth to access their rights to education, health, livelihoods and protection.
Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org and/or
http://plan-international.org/where-we-work/asia/timor-leste, for more information;
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
Responsibilities will include
- Lead and oversee design and production of attractive, user-friendly reports and information materials for Plan supporters outside of Timor-Leste, including written reports, photos, social media and videos.
- Oversee design, testing and production of user-friendly information about Plan for partners, children and communities in Timor-Leste
- Identify potential providers to provide design and communications services and manage business relationships with them
· Support Plan’s internal communications through production of an internal newsletter, managing Plan’s internal Facebook page and through holding focus group discussions.
· Ensure that child protection guidelines are adhered to, especially during media and donor visits to Plan’s working areas
· Support programs to advocate for child rights by identifying key messages and target audiences providing communications support on key advocacy days and issues (such as International Children’s Day)
· Increase media coverage to promote Plan Timor-Leste amongst communities, the public, government bodies and donors.
· Contribute to Plan International’s Media Bank with quality stories and photographs.
· Distribute case studies, pictures and films targeting potential donors and sponsors (locally, regionally and internationally) that demonstrate and highlight Plan Timor-Leste’s program priorities, achievements and the positive change felt from Plan’s interventions.
· Build the capacity of staff to take quality photos and write quality reports and other documents as needed.
Skills, qualifications, experience
· Fluent and engaging written and spoken English is essential
· Fluency in spoken and written Tetun is essential.
· Experience in journalism, PR or corporate communications a major advantage
· Excellent information technology skills essential, including Word, Excel, online internet resources, social media and smart phones.
· Skills in photography, design and video production are essential.
· Experience in preparing and managing budgets is a major advantage
· Experience in event organisation
· Negotiation, networking and cross-cultural communications skills
Location Based in Plan’s Country Office in Dili, with frequent trips to Aileu and Ainaro Districts and occasional international travel.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 18 November 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.TimorLeste@plan-international.org or by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos.
Plan International in Timor Leste
Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20
Bairo dos Grilos
PO Box 246, Dili, Timor Leste
Office +670 331 2492 |
“Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”.