ALOLA VACANCIES: CONSULTANT FOR THE ALOLA STRATEGIC PLAN
Applications close 5pm 14th November 2014.
The“Alola Foundation” is a non government organization, operating in Timor Leste to improve the lives of women and children. The organization seeks to nurture women leaders and advocate for the rights of women, our motto is “Strong Women, Strong Nation” and we have programs in Maternal & Child Health, Advocacy, Education and Economic Development. Alola Foundation is led by a Board of Management and currently moving towards a management team that is entirely Timorese led.
Currently we are looking for qualified persons to fill the following positions as: CONSULTANT FOR THE FUNDASAUN ALOLA STRATEGIC PLAN
More information, please click this link!
Terms of Reference
CONSULTANT FOR THE FUNDASAUN ALOLA STRATEGIC PLAN
Fundasaun Alola (FA) was created to raise awareness of the widespread sexual violence against women and girls in Timor-Leste during the militia attacks of September 1999 and formed in 2001 by Kirsty Sword Gusmao, than first lady of East Timor.
Fundasaun Alola Is working with community groups and individuals, we currently fund programs to improve maternal and child health, create employment, promote women’s human rights, strengthen community development and improve the status of women across the country. All the program of Fundasaun Alola is work closely with the ministries and work in line with national priorities, Millennium Development Goals and international convention ratified by Timor-Leste.
The current 2010-2014 Strategic Plan is a second strategic plan that has been took place in 2009 and involved by board members, NGOs, government, and donor as members and became operational in early 2010. After one year of implementation, the Fundasaun Alola reviewed its strategic plan based on the needs and response to the current situation which was provided a greater focus on the work of the community. Presently, it is in progress of final year implementation. In order to shape the direction of the future long term works, Fundasaun Alola is going to develop its next term of its strategic plan for 2015-2019.
From the last Strategic plan we have notably learnt that progresses have been made in response to the mission and mandate of the Fundasaun Alola and based on its strategic directions, human resources of the committee and cooperation from relevant stakeholders including NGO members and networks.
II. Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop Fundasaun Alola strategic plan 2015-2019 in line with the mission and mandate of the Fundasaun Alola. The strategic plan should provide realistic and practical goals, objectives, and strategy to structure the Fundasaun Alola work with interactive participatory methodologies involving members of the key members from government, key Stakeholders, donors, Child Advocate Network, women’s network.
Specifically, the development of the Fundasaun Alola Strategic Plan for 2015–2019 should be focused on:
- Monitoring and evaluation the implementation of Fundasaun Alola programs specifically in Maternal and Child Health program, Education, Advocacy Program, Economic Empowerment program and also institutionally.
- Evaluation Advocacy on Women’s and Child rights based on the issues prioritized by Government such as Secretary State of promotion Equality (SEPI) , Ministry of education (MoE), ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Social Services (MSS) and human rights conventions such as CEDAW and its Concluding observations and also Alola’s internal evaluation from each program
- Facilitate Strategic Plan
- Enhancement of organizational development and management.
- Capacity building of NGOs as members, networks, members of Child Advocate Network and secretariat staff.
- Develop fundraising strategy for Fundasaun Alola
III. Scope of Work
The consultant is required to undertake the following key tasks, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
1. Facilitate Fundasaun Alola Strategic Plan
2. Provide detail work plans
3. Carry out action plan following the agreed process
4. Provide final Strategic Plan 2015-2019
5. Documentation of the processes used and outputs generated following the above mentioned processes including summary notes/meeting minutes, consultation workshop plan, minutes, and the final report of the process etc.
6. Develop Fundraising Strategy.
This consultancy will take 1 month starting on 12 January, 2015 and end no later than 12 February, 2015.
The methodology of the strategic plan will be divided to two areas, such as:
- Evaluation Meeting : involved stakeholder from Beneficiaries, Relevant ministries, partner, donor, staff and Board
- Strategic plan workshop : involved staff and board
Note: The details of Methodology will provide by consultant in approval by Board
The consultant rate will be from $300-$500 per day for 10 days
V. Qualifications and Experience of the Consultant
1. Relevant post graduate degree
2. Experience of strategic plan development, or similar works.
3. Experience of human rights/child rights, especially in the context of evaluation/assessment of the situation of children.
4. Experience in carrying out consultative research and working with multiple stakeholder groups.
5. Report writing, synthesis and analysis.
6. Sound understanding of development issues in Timor-Leste, particularly Gender Based violence, child rights, Education, Economic Empowerment and Maternal and Child Health.
7. Availability to deliver within timeframe.
8. Speak Indonesia language , English, Indonesia and Tetun
Rua bispo de Medeiros, Mascharenhas, Mercado Lama, Dili,
Fransiskus Xaverius | Media & Communication Coord.
Mascarenhas, Mercado Lama, PO Box 03 Dili Timor-Leste| www.alolafoundation.org
T: +670 3323 855 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org