REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Second Chance Education Project
Project ID: P116520
Expressions of interest
The Democratic Republic of East Timor has applied for financing from World Bank towards the cost of the Second Chance Education Project (the “SCEP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for hire International Consultant for Recurrent Education Specialist to support the National Directorate for Recurrent Education (”the DNER”) with implementation of the ‘Second Chance Education Project (SCEP)’ which is focused on strengthening non-formal education services, particularly equivalency education, to older youth and young adults. It is also intended to improve management, service delivery, and monitoring of non-formal education programs.
A key functions of the International Consultant for Recurrent Education Specialist are:
- Provide technical expertise and supports to the study on “Needs and Demand for Recurrent Education in Timor Leste ;
- Development of Legal Framework of Recurrent Education in Timor Leste;
- Development of curriculum and learning materials of equivalency program and
- Establishment of Community Learning Centers.
- Simple, easy-to-use new SCEP management manual, CLC Development Manual for the Government staff, CLC Development Support Grant Manual for the community and facilitators. The manuals shall be acceptable to the Bank;
- Training material for the SCEP SF who will function as technical facilitators at district and community levels;
- Reviewed and finalized new strategic plan of the project for the remaining project period of SCEP project time; and the DNER road map in implementing the EP and CLC programs beyond the project period based on the result of the study and the implementation progress during the project period.
- Overseas training and dessimination reports based on the inputs from the participants reports and reviewed results by the RE consultant.;
- Implementation Progress Reports specific on EP and CLC programs, including its recommendations for better imrovement and ;
- General progress reports related with his/her tasks;
The assignment is planned for 13 months till December 2015 and expecting to start ASAP.
The Ministry of Education of the Democratic Republic of East Timor now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services for this position. Firms are not invited to propose individual consultants. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.). Qualification requirements are:
- Higher education degree in management and/or relevant field; specialization in non-formal education is an advantage; Minimum of ten years work experience in the planning and implementing recurrent education programs;
- Working experience in Timor Leste or other low capacity and post-conflict contexts;
- Practical experience with project management funded by international agencies and project cycles is an advantage;
- Experience working closely with government institutions;
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of Portuguese and/ or Tetum is an advantage.
The successful candidate shall be offered a standard remuneration package according to rates for this level of specialization.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information and a copy of the Terms of Reference from the Management Strengthening Project by click on this link –> ToR for RE Specialist
The email subject heading must be: International Consultant for Recurrent Education Specialist.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of local time.
The Expression of Interest together with your latest curriculum vitae must be delivered to the em address given below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 6th November 2014.
Attn: Mr. Danino da Cunha
National Director of Procurement
Ministry of Education
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Vila Verde, Dili
Tel: +670 3311035