Title : Program Officer – National position
Program : HAKOHAK Polisia ho Komunidade
Unit : Timor-Leste Office
Reports to : Deputy Program Manager and Chief of Party
Contract Duration : 1 year (Full Time), with possibility for extension based on funding
Summary of position
Works with Foundation staff on the HAKOHAK Polisia ho Communidade Program with primary responsibility for program management, implementation, and reporting, monitoring, evaluation and grant administration.
Internal Foundation Contacts
Program, finance, and administrative staff in the Foundation’s Timor-Leste’s office on a regular basis; Foundation offices in San Francisco headquarters, Washington DC, and other field offices in Asia on an occasional basis.
Timor-Leste partner organizations, including NGOs and government agencies; Policia National Timor-Leste (PNTL); U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and New Zealand Agency for International Development (NZAID); other bilateral and multilateral donors in East Timor with police support programs.
Program development & administration
- Develop, implement, report on, carry out grant administration, monitor and evaluate Community Oriented Policing Program in cooperation with the Police (PNTL), Community Leaders, local NGOs, and other Foundation staff.
- Manage implementation, monitoring and reporting of Community Oriented Policing Activities in two or more Districts together with a locally based District Coordinator.
- Implement, report on, and carry out grant administration with attention to community safety and security fund through Community Police Councils (CPC).
- Work with existing and prospective CPC grantees to develop program activities; determine program feasibility; monitor and facilitate programs; obtain timely and useful reports; critically evaluate outcomes.
- Evaluate and approve CPC grantees interim and final narrative reports. Correspond with grantees, and maintain grant files.
- Able to manage Community Policing program activity in Baucau and Ainaro District
- Assist with preparation of annual program reports, work plans and progress reports for USAID/NZAID. Annual Report highlights, internal Foundation reports, and other information on Foundation programs.
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data for quarterly reports and other relevant reports to the PNTL.
- Comply with USAID/NZAID and TAF grant regulations and procedures.
- Develop and maintain contacts with government institutions and agencies, and local and international NGOs.
- Maintain linkages with local governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as international organizations working in the security and justice sector.
- Maintain close relations with organizations supported by the Foundation.
- At least two years of relevant experience in implementation of international development programs in security, legal reform, or governance
- Professional experience with an international NGO preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Timor-Leste government ministries and agencies, and NGOs Understanding of USAID and/or other international or government funding agencies
- Demonstrated commitment to Timor-Leste’s development
University Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Indonesian and Tetun; Portuguese preferred.
- Strong written and oral analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Districts on a regular basis
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The positions are open for Timorese nationals only who are currently working for The Asia Foundation.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Dian Saputri – Administration & HR Manager, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org before or by Friday, 07 November 2014 at 05.00 PM,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview