The vacancy announcement of ICT Officer post, NOA level with UNICEF Timor –Leste is open today. Please kindly share to any interested candidate you may know of to apply.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- The productivity and effectiveness of the office work.
Promote the productivity and effectiveness of the office by drafting and/or administering a relevant Information Management Plan and Budget, including computerization, telecommunications and records management, and by ensuring the appropriateness of local computing and telecommunications facilities to meet programme requirements.
- The office’s integrated information technology integration
Support the office’s information technology needs through seamless integration of UNICEF organizational computer applications (e.g Virtual Integrated System of Information (VISION), with specific local office requirements.
- Effective customer support and training
Ensure effective customer support in the area of information technology and telecommunications by providing computer training as well as troubleshooting and ad-hoc technical assistance to users.
- ICT resources management
Provide accountability for information technology resources through accurate analysis and evaluation of office’s ICT needs, sound procurement, cost-effective installation and maintenance, maintaining software/hardware standards, and regular accurate inventory and reporting of hardware, peripherals and software.
- The confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT system, LAN and data
Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT system, LAN and data security, including user access to computer and telecommunications facilities. Monitor and support Inter-/Intra-net functionality, security and integrity.
- The knowledge management
Enhance knowledge management through coordination of office records management including systems for the acquisition, storage and retrieval of data; management of the local database capacity required using standard ICT database. Provide support to ensure the accuracy and accessibility of data sources.
- Advice on ICT policies and guidelines
Advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application of NYHQ ICT policies and guidelines in support of the office’s information management needs.
- ICT competency gap analysis and competency building
Assess the ICT competency requirements and gaps for the office and staff members. Plan and conduct ICT training programmes based on the gap analysis for all the staff for competency building of ICT function of the office.
- Communication and Networking through coordination, collaboration and partnership
- Coordinate with relevant Government officials and UNICEF assisted projects to advise or coordinate on information management issues of joint interest.
- Collaborate with other ICT Officers in the Region to avoid unnecessary duplication and share systems development within the region and, via the Regional ICT Officer and HQ, with other regions.
- Team with other staff in the Operations Section as well as with technical programme staff in the development of local office ICT system requirements and for the resolution of ICT issues.
- Collaborate with all ICT personnel in all UN Agencies in country to ensure local country ICT services are fully utilized, beneficial and cost effective to UNICEF.
Education: University degree or equivalent background in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related area.
- One year of relevant professional work experience or field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Computer: Good knowledge of computer management and application skill, Knowledge of Excel applications an asset.
Language(s): Fluency in English and, or local working language of the duty station.
- i) Core Values (Required): Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
- ii) Core Competencies (Required): Communication (II), Working with People (II), Drive for Results (II)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required): Applying Technical Expertise (II), Learning and Searching (II), Planning and Organizing (II) Following instructions and Procedures (II), Analysing (II)
Application is open for TIMOR-LESTE NATIONALS ONLY. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the two most recent PERs/Evaluations (for UN staff). Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates. Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be entertained.
The deadline for submission application is Tuesday, 11th November 2014.