Position Title: M&E Officer
Project: Community Driven Nutrition Improvement Project
Supervisor: Program Manager Health & Nutrition
Job Band: F
Note: This position will be based in Baucau but must be able to travel regularly between Dili and project districts.
Catholic Relief Services plans to implement a Community Driven Nutrition Improvement Project with a grant from the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) to help address the high prevalence of under nutrition in Timor-Leste (particularly amongst children). The project will target communities that fall in the lowest living standards group in the eastern districts of Baucau and Viqueque, aiming to directly benefit 4,470 children and 5,503 pregnant and lactating women.
- Objectives and Scope of the Assignment
The primary function of the M&E Officer is the development of a strong monitoring and evaluation system that contributes to quality of evidence-based programming through solid data management, systematic documentation of lessons learned, and incorporation of beneficiary accountability measures.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for development of data collection tools, leading regular and bi-annual field based household and group interviews, analyzing data to provide insight to project team, and contributing to report writing. The TA will be an integral member of the project team learning and reflection processes, leading discussion on beneficiary feedback. The TA will provide training to partner staff in utilizing the project M&E tools which meet CRS M&E Standards and donor requirements. The M&E Officer will work closely with other project team members to ensure monitoring and evaluation of program progress and impact, in collaboration with partner staff.
III. Qualifications and Skills:
- University or institute degree in social sciences, statistics, econometrics, management, rural development or other related degree.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in managing M&E system for projects in community-based development projects.
- Understanding of results based management
- Experience implementing M&E plans, including development of indicators and objectives, evaluation planning, data entry, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting surveys, facilitating focus group discussions and trainings, using participatory rural appraisal and other quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Experience in facilitation of capacity building efforts with diverse colleagues, including those in local partner agencies, is preferred.
- Attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel (strong), and Power Point, is required.
- Ability to travel 60% of time to field locations
- Experience working in collaboration with government counterparts, donors, the Church, NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Areas of Interest:
Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Quality Assurance, Accountability and Learning, Nutrition Rural Development, Community Development
- Date of assignment: December 1, 2014 to August 31, 2017
Disclaimer: This Terms of Reference is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position
Note: This position is for Timorese Nationals only.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to TL_HR@global.crs.org or
Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or
CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau
For further information and full job description please email the address above.
Deadline: November 5, 2014
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted