World Vision Timor Leste, is a non-profit Christian Humanitarian Organization, committed to working with the poor and vulnerable, is seeking qualified National staff to fill the vacant positions of Program Information Officer.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Program Information Officer is responsible for supporting overall information management processes within the country program office. The role will report directly to the Grants Acquisition Officer. This includes, but not limited to the following:· Largely responsible for the day-to-day management of the Horizon 3 database used to store project information and reports,
· Collating data and responding to requests for information from WV staff.
· Management of all project documents, both electronic and hard-file copies.
· Advising senior staff when projects do not comply with donor, both government and private, and World Vision requirements
· Data analysis and report preparation.
The Information Officer will work closely with the Operations Manager and Program Quality Manager to support improved information management within all area programs and in line partnership best practice.
· Maintain and regularly update Horizon 3 used to store project data and reports. Ensure that project data on Horizon 3 is accurate through monthly audit reviews and correct as needed.
· Responsible for data management and document control of all Timor-Leste projects. Archive historical files as necessary.
· Establish, and regularly update, a resources library on WV policies and standards and other development issues relevant to World Vision’s work in Timor-Leste.
· Support Operations and Program Quality departments to file project documentation, including but not limited to project design documents (including appendices), monthly monitoring, semi-annual/annual progress, up-to-date monitoring data and DME reports (assessments, evaluations etc) Upload documents and/or data as required onto Horizon 3.
· Compile data and information to respond to time-sensitive requests about World Vision Timor-Leste projects as requested
· As requested, support Program Quality staff with data collection and analysis using appropriate software.
· Compile and analyse country-level Key Performance Indicators, and support the collation of indicators for World Vision International requirements, including Child Well Being Report and GNOD.
Strategic, Technical Support & Capacity Building:
· Provide key information to stakeholders and partners resources about World Vision’s work in the field
· Bring creativeness and innovativeness into the projects/program, especially with supporting the PQ Manager with project and program designs
· Coordinate with PQ department and facilitate training and learning events related to on data management and document control procedures and Horizon 3
· Ensure that area managers and staff understand data management processes and requirements
· Encourage the full and appropriate expression of World Vision’s Christian identity. Participate in and lead devotional meetings, weekly chapel, annual staff retreat, annual Day of Prayer and other events.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education and Experiences
· A degree in one of the following fields Project Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Finance/Accounting, or Development Studies.
· Minimum of 1-2 years in administration and/or data management and preferred 2 years work experience in Development Work.
· Extensive experience working with data/statistics and managing databases, with advanced computer skills
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, with sound ‘trouble-shooting’ skills
· Very good Communication, Linguistic and Presentation skills
· Very good organisational and planning skills
· Knowledgeable in design, monitoring and evaluation functions (e.g. LEAP)
· Interpersonal and training skills
How to apply:
Applicants should submit an Application Letter and CV in ENGLISH and other documents to: P&C Department, World Vision Timor Leste, Av. Dos Direitos Humanos Estrada de Bidau, Bidau Mota Klaran, Dili or branch office in Bobonaro, Baucau & Aileu
or you can send your document to email address: Jose_daCosta@wvi.org.
For more information Please contact WVTL Office: 3312835 or +670-77364453
Closing date is 30th October 2014 at 5:00 pm