Currently, there are six job vacancies in World Vision Baucau office, three jobs for Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Project and three jobs for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project.
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH AND NUTRITION (MCHN) COORDINATOR – BAUCAU (1 POSITION)
Purpose of position
To ensure that the projects in an Area Program are monitored, evaluated, and reported according to World Vision standards.
Planning: Prepare Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) of project activity every year, weeks and monthly work plan, participate in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation activities, liaise with relevant ministry, local leaders, religious leaders and agency, and participate in World Vision meetings, devotions and general activities.
Implementation: Dealing with District Health Office, mobilize community, make sure the implementation in in place and quality of the project, actively participate in working group, comply with World Vision policy and make sure integration with the other sector.
Reporting & Communications: Prepare and sent monthly activities report to Associate Manager, activities report, update Indicator Tracking Table, reliable data for semi-annual report and annual report, and analysing budget variance.
Staff Capacity Development & Collaboration: Develop Performance Agreement with Nutrition project staff, conduct coaching and mentoring regularly and identify the gap of staff’s capacity in achieving project goal, Collaborate with Program Department (DM&E and Communication) staff in other WVTL offices, undertake other tasks requested by the Associate Area Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: University or College-level education with Public Health or relevant professional background
Knowledge & Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English, sstrong analytical, data interpretation and communication skills, computer literacy MS Office, demonstrated leadership skill, possesses the values and attitudes that conform to World Vision core values and good driving skills (motorbike) with valid driving license.
Experience: At least 2 years work and training experience in working with Children, willingness to make constant trips to the sub-districts and villages, willingness to help the children and community, high level of organizational and management skills, administrative experience, English and computer skills essential, good interpersonal and communication skills, experience facilitating development projects and/or working with community members, and possess the values of a mature Christian whose attitudes are in conformity with World Vision “core values”.
Work Environment: The position requires office-based (50%) and field work, including frequent travel to villages in the district of Baucau (50%), the incumbent will provide guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to team members in the given focus area and ensure a culture of collaboration and communication is maintained, and will work with all strata of the village but with an emphasis on women and children.
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH AND NUTRITION TECHNICAL FACILITATOR – BAUCAU (2 POSITIONS)
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator, ensure that the project is implemented effectively, based on the project design and budget. (For example, decrease child malnutrition by increasing crop and livestock production at the household level in selected sucos of the identified sub-district.)
Project Implementation: Community mobilization, organize monthly SISCa session, weekly home visitations, anthropometric examinations, malnourished and sick individual’s identification, prepare health education materials and conduct training for community.
Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation: Developing and revising project’s M&E framework and indicator tracking table, develop and test project data collection tools, reported timely in compliance with the M&E framework and indicator tracking table, crosschecking, cleaning and analyzing data collected and conducting midterm and final evaluation of the project.
Financial Management: Prepare annual budgets, manage and handle expenses and request and reconcile advances for the project implementation.
Administration: Maintain up to date records of project documents, agreements, reports, photos and evaluations and manage assets.
Staff supervision and capacity development
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: Tertiary education in relevant field
Knowledge: Demonstrated leadership skills, good presentation and communication skills for a number of different audiences, fluent in Indonesian and Tetun, English language skills (can read and understand English), competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and A driver’s license is a MUST.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of work experience in related field, proven project management skills, experience facilitating development projects and/or working with community members and proven leadership ability and experience as a team player.
Work Environment: Be willing to work in a team environment, collaborate with staff in other district offices, and travel and stay overnight at project sites (about 75% of the time) and will work with all strata of the village but with an emphasis on women and children.
WATER, SANITATION AND HYGIENE (WASH) PROJECT COORDINATOR – BAUCAU (1 POSITION)
Purpose of Position
- In Baucau district, a major priority is to decrease diarrhea prevalence, which is the major objective of the WATER FOR FUTURE PROJECT.
- The Project Coordinator will take the lead in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the project with assistance from the Area Manager, WASH Sector Manager and Associate Area Manager. The Project Coordinator will supervise Facilitators and work collaboratively with staff and community to ensure that the project promotes empowering and sustainable development outcomes.
- Effectively represent and model World Vision’s mission, vision and core values through good relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that program and project approaches, interventions and processes are consistent with the Transformational Development/program ministry model and community empowerment approach.
- Ensure gender balance, Christian commitment and child protection is integrated into project planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Assists Managers to prepare project proposals.
- Planning – promote community level planning and project development.
- Ensure that relevant parts of the proposal (including logframe and budget), POA, and ITT are translated into Indonesian or tetum and have been provided to and explained to each Facilitator.
- Implementation and monitoring
- Accountability – prepare and revise annual budgets, and manage project and budget reporting according to LEAP and donor requirements.
- Learning – document and disseminate key lessons learned through staff reflections, community and project site visits, monitoring tools and evaluations.
- Build a team of highly committed and competent staff, ensuring cooperation and coordination among relevant staff.
- Provide strategic direction and support your staff, including identifying problems and solutions.
- Implement the Performance Development Management system.
- Identify capacity building opportunities for staff.
- Network within and outside of WV to maximize collaboration and coordination.
- Regularly visit project/communities (at least once every month).
- Represent Managers in coordination meetings when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: University degree in a relevant technical field (eg. Engineering, health development)
Knowledge & Skills: Competence in the topographical survey, hydraulic design and construction of water systems, including both gravity flow and groundwater systems, good working knowledge of WASH community engagement methodologies: e.g. CAP Process, good working knowledge of CLTS methodology, good working knowledge of WASH hygiene promotion approaches and target behaviors, good interpersonal and communication skills, competence in spoken and written English communication and literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience: Demonstrated experience in implementing integrated rural, budget spending, demonstrated experience in conducting community engagement activities with communities, demonstrated experience in CLTS implementation with communities, demonstrated experience in conducting health promotion with communities and demonstrated experience in supervising and coordinating a team of staff to achieve project goals.
Work Environment: The position requires office-based (50%) and field work, including frequent travel to villages in the district of Baucau (50%).
WATER, SANITATION AND HYGIENE (WASH) TECHNICAL FACILITATOR – BAUCAU (2 POSITIONS)
Purpose of Position
To ensure that the WATER FOR FUTURE PROJECT is implemented, monitored and evaluated effectively and technically sound, based on the project design and budget.
- Actively support Project Coordinator and Associate Area Manager and in project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned areas
- Facilitate technical training
- Respond timely to Technical training request of the Development Facilitators and Associate Area Manager
- Develop TOR, deliver technical training and manage the logistics and finance administration of activities in the sector
- Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities
- Ensure that gender analysis, Christian commitment, and child protection are mainstreamed within WV initiatives in their assigned communities.
- Support the Development Facilitator in facilitating visioning and planning processes with community members – especially the most vulnerable, and within community based groups
- Develop monthly work plans and weekly activity schedule and submit these to the Project Coordinator.
- Be responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships with key partners, especially relevant government institutions (MoH, MoE, DNAS, DHS, MAF, etc.) especially at Sub District Level and below to secure necessary technical resources to support program implementation
- Ensure that partnerships with other development partners are focused on promoting the well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable
Technical Quality Assurance
- Ensure that the project in its respective sector is technically sound both in design and implementation
- Ensure the Development Facilitators and the communities are informed with the recent approach/technologies in the sector.
- Identify training needs, prepare materials and conduct training for staff and volunteers
Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME)
- Assist the M&E Coordinator and Project Coordinator in data collection for project assessments, proposals, budgets, monitoring and evaluation
- Together with the Development Facilitator utilize the monitoring system and tools of project implementation and to capture learning.
- Support the process of DME (Assessment, Design, Evaluation) in the respective sector in alignment with LEAP standards and associated guidelines and share lessons learned with communities, development partners and other WV Partnership stakeholders
- Submit monthly reports based on DIP and Monthly Activity Plan.
- Maintain up to date records of project documents, agreements, reports, photos, assessment and design and evaluations.
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and regular devotional meetings.
- Support in hosting the visits of sponsors, donors, and WV staff from other.
- Other responsibilities: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVI reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: University degree in a relevant technical field (eg. engineering, health, development)
Knowledge & Skills: Good presentation and communication skills for a number of different audiences, proven time management and organizational skills, literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel, fluent in Indonesian and Tetun, and preferably in the local dialect in area where you are serving, English language skills (can read, write and understand English) and ability to ride a motorbike and have the license or willingness to learn this.
Experience: A minimum of two years of appropriate professional experience, experience facilitating development projects and/or working with community members and proven leadership ability and experience as a team player
Work Environment: Be willing to work in a team environment, collaborate with staff in other district offices, and travel and stay overnight at project sites (about 75% of the time).
Closing date for the vacancy is 17 October 2014 – 5.00 PM
Tanggal penutupan adalah 17 October 2014 jam 5.00 PM
Send through email address: Jose_daCosta@wvi.org
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned.
World Vision Timor Leste is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
For general job-related queries, please contact:
Jose da Costa
Bussiness Partner Team Lead
People & Culture Department
World Vision PTL – Timor Leste
Mobile: +670 77364453