Ending Violence Against Women Program
Senior Program Officers (2 Positions)
Program Officers (2 Positions)
Program Assistant (1 Position)
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is implementing an Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW) Program in Timor-Leste under a Grant Agreement with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The program will run from 15 April 2014 to 30 June 2017(Phase 1) with an option to extend for an additional four years (Phase 2). The EVAW Program goal is to reduce the proportion of women who have experienced violence, and to better meet the needs of women and children affected by violence. The objective is to improve outcomes for women in prevention, support services, and access to justice by improving capacity in key ministries, reducing levels of violence, improving services, and strengthening judicial processes serving the needs of women survivors of violence.
The EVAW program is based on a design developed by DFAT. The program structure is aligned to the Timor-Leste Government’s National Action Plan on Gender-based Violence – covering prevention, support services, and access to justice. It will also undertake research to support evidence-based programming. For the prevention pillar, the program will seek to involve the government, in particular the Secretary of State for the Promotion of Equality, and civil society in designing, implementing and monitoring research based prevention projects.The EVAW Program will work with the Ministry of Social Solidarity as the key government implementing agency for services to women and children who have experienced violence. The primary mechanisms under this pillar will be grants to CSO service providers, and institutional strengthening support to the Directorate of National Social Reinsertion (DNRS) within MSS who will be the program’s primary counterpart.The justice pillar will support the provision of legal assistance to women and children affected by violence and monitoring of the courts and cases, and strategic interventions in both the formal justice system and local justice mechanisms to support better outcomes for women and children.
The Foundation is currently seeking candidates to take on five EVAW program roles:
– A Senior Program Officer for the Prevention Pillar
– A Senior Program Officer for the Access to Justice Pillar.
– A Program Officer for the Services Pillar
– A Program Officer for the Access to Justice Pillar
– A Program Assistant to support the Services Pillar.
All applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Previous relevant experience in development programs in Timor-Leste. The Foundation expects that those applying for the Senior Program Officer will have up to five years of relevant professional experience. Program Officers must have at least two years of relevant program experience.
- A personal commitment to promoting gender equality and to modelling personal behaviours consistent with the program focus;
- A willingness to pro-actively identify ways in which the program can better reach disadvantaged or marginalised groups, particularly people with disabilities;
- A commitment to working respectfully and collaboratively with individuals and organisations at a range of levels;
- A commitment to working in a multi-disciplinary team with a strong focus on research, evaluation, learning, and networking;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and Tetum.
- Willing to travel to the districts.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The positions are open for Timorese nationals only.
The Asia Foundation offers a competitive package based on the position and previous experience to successful applicants.
Please contact the Asia Foundation at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org to request specific job descriptions, indicating which position you are interested in applying for.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. They must be delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste before 05.00 pm on Friday, 3 October 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.