Established in 1954, The Asia Foundation (TAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing from 60 years of experience in Asia, the Foundation has a strong reputation in the field of governance, civil society, economic reform, law & justice, women’s empowerment and international relations. With 18 offices throughout Asia, an office in Washington D.C, and its headquarters in San Francisco, TAF addresses these issues on both a country and regional level through collaborations with private and public partners to support leadership and institutional development, exchanges, and policy research.
The Asia Foundation in Timor-Leste is currently seeking candidates for the position of Administration Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for a range of administration, logistical and human resource tasks. In particular, the Administration Officer will be responsible for arranging international travel for staff, consultants and visitors and oversee the lease of staff premises. The Administration Officer will be required to assist the Administration and Human Resource Manager with processing staff leave and entitlement applications, maintaining staff personnel records and assisting with logistical and administrative requirements in the recruitment of staff.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with an international organization in a similar position.
- Experience in undertaking a range of secretarial and event coordination tasks.
A university degree or other relevant professional qualification will be highly regarded.
- Conceptual understanding and flexibility.
- Ability to use computers, word processing, spread sheets and email.
- Ability to prioritize requests and multitask.
- Ability to communicate clearly both when speaking and writing in English and Tetum.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to innovate and work under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. This position is open for Timorese nationals only.
Please contact the Asia Foundation at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org to obtain the job description for this position. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV. No additional documentation is required. Please do not provide certificates or academic transcripts at this stage. Applications must be delivered by hand to The Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste or via email to the address mentioned above before 05.00 pm on Wednesday 8 October 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged for further process.