GfD – Senior Economic Officer
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor Leste; Dili
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the Governance for Development (GfD) Program on behalf of theAustralian Government.
GfD focuses on some of the major challenges facing the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) in the implementation of its Strategic Development Plan (SDP).
The overall goal of GfD is to reduce poverty in Timor-Leste through economic development and delivery of services.
The Governance for Development (GfD) Program assists the GoTL to implement the SDP by working with central agencies, including the Prime Ministers’ Office, the Ministry of Finance, the Civil Service Commission, the Ministry of State Administration, and the Infrastructure Fund agencies to improve the systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery.
GfD is structured around two core pillars: (I) economic and fiscal policy; and (II) improvements in basic services.
The Senior Economic Officer position is located within the Governance and Economics team in the Australian embassy in Dili. The Governance and Economics program leads the embassy’s economic diplomacy agenda, which aims to support economic development in Timor-Leste and strengthen economic ties between Australia and Timor-Leste.
The Senior Economic Officer will be responsible to the GfD Program Director and will engage closely with the GfD team and other embassy staff to support the Australian Government’s economic diplomacy agenda in Timor-Leste.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Carry out research and analysis on the technical and political dimensions of a range of economic policy issues, including macroeconomics, trade and investment, private sector development, public finance, microeconomics (structural policy and regulatory frameworks), international linkages and policy, and poverty and livelihoods. The analyses aim to inform the embassy’s economic diplomacy agenda.
- Advise on the management of economic policy-focused programs within the Australian aid program, including telecommunications sector reform, financial sector reform, private sector development, business regulation, statistics and the Market Development Facility.
- Liaise with the Government of Timor-Leste and other stakeholders, including business, development partners and civil society organisations, to share and advocate Australia’s position on economic policy matters.
- Support Australian businesses to forge trade and investment links in Timor-Leste.
- Build knowledge within the embassy about economic policy issues in Timor-Leste through activities such as disseminating research and analysis, making presentations to embassy staff and reporting to Canberra.
Please e-mail your application with the reference “GfD066 – Senior Economic Officer” in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “GfD066 – Senior Economic Officer” in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered.