Training Development Officer
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program Phase II (PSP-II) managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
We currently have a vacancy for the position of Training Development Officer.
Training Development Officer will be to:
- Support the HR and Training Department to manage and coordinate the professional development needs of the PNDS Secretariat.
- Support the Cardno Training Development Team to build the capacity of and support the HR and Training Department of the PNDS Secretariat to carry out its functions.
- Support the PNDS Secretariat HR and Training Department in implementing systems, plan, coordinate training, design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Provide monthly reports on activities undertaken.
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts within the PNDS secretariat.
- Act as a role model for gender equality and social inclusion.
A copy of the Terms of Reference with Selection Criteria and how to apply for this position can be found by clicking on the link: here
These positions will be remunerated in line with our Timor-Leste locally engaged salary framework depending on the discipline group, qualification and experience of the successful candidate. Please click on the Terms of Reference for remunerations package
To be contracted for 12 months.
By email: email your application with the reference “PC31 – Training Development Officer” in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PC31 – Training Development Officer” in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered.