Training Development Adviser – PNDS Support Program
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program Phase II (PSP-II) managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
We currently have a vacancy for the position of Training Development Adviser
Training Development Adviser will be to:
- Support the HR and Training Department to manage and coordinate the professional development needs of the PNDS Secretariat
- Support the Training Adviser (LTA) to build the capacity of and support the HR and Training Department of the PNDS Secretariat to carry out its functions.
- Working closely with the Training Adviser (LTA) advise and support the PNDS Secretariat HR and Training Department
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring for staff of the HR & Training Department.
- Support and progressively transfer responsibility to the PNDS HR and Training Department to perform training management functions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with INDMO (National Labour Force Development Institute)
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts within the PNDS Secretariat.
- In all functions, proactively advise and assist in liaising with counterparts and external agencies to find solutions to problems and obstacles in order to produce results.
- Act as a role model for gender equality and social inclusion.
- Provide monthly reports on activities undertaken.
A copy of the Terms of Reference with Selection Criteria and how to apply for this position can be found by clicking on the link:here
These positions will be remunerated in line with our Timor-Leste locally engaged salary framework depending on the discipline group, qualification and experience of the successful candidate. Please click on the Terms of Reference for remunerations package
To be contracted for 12 months.
Email email@example.com with the reference “PC30 – Training Development Adviser” in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered