|Position Title||: Executive Secretary||Approved By/Date||: 023/EEI-TL/IX/2014|
|Reports To||: Chairman||Prepared By/Date||: Human Resources/16-09-2014|
|Department||: Administration and Finance||Job Code||: AFD|
|Revised By/Date||: Chairman / 12-09-2014||Salary Grade||: Negotiate|
Terms of Reference
The experience vocational education held for more than 10 years from the date of establishment, 10 November 2003 to the present. Eiros Entrepreneur Institute (EEI) has a better understanding about the implementation of vocational education effectively and efficiently.
Thousands of students have benefits from our educational system, not even a little of our alumni who now occupy important positions in field of computers, administration, finance and other such as the staff of the government, EDP Manager in a hotel or private companies nationwide.
EEI provide not just a theory or a new concept, but more emphasis on practical experience, tips and discussion of real cases daily with the method of experiential learning, role play, quizzes, personal assessment, video clips, and others.
EEI designing program stormed the training needs of human resources in the areas of soft skills, particularly for employees to staff levels and general manager for all Timorese People.
(PURPOSE OF THE POSITION)
(The main reason for the position, in what context and what is the overall end result)
The executive Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial, electrical and administrative support in order to ensure that service are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
(The way that the position contributes to and impacts on the organization)
The executive Secretary reports to the Chairman & owner of Eiros Group,Ltd. an is responsible for providing senior level secretarial and clerical services for the Chairman & Owner of Eiros Group, Ltd.
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishment expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities)
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the main band office.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence
- Assist ih the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls
- Make preparation for main Council and committee meetings
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies
- Response to public inquiries
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support
- Type confidential documents on a word processing system
- Provide support to the Chairman and Owner
- Assist the Chairman and Owner of Eiros Group, Ltd.
- Provide administrative services for the Chairman and Owner of Eiros Group, Ltd.
- Perform other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Office administration
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- An understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Team building bookkeeping skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance Clerk.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes.
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Posses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible demonstrate sound work ethics
The Executive Secretary would normally attain the required knowledge, skills and attitudes through completion of an office procedures and/or bookkeeping course combined with related experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental conditions, demands one one’s senses and metal demands.)
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
The Executive Secretary will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain. The Executive Secretary may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
(The nature of adverse environmental condition affecting the incumbent)
The Band Office may be a busy facility. The Executive Secretary may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of residents, client and contractor. The Executive Secretary may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
(The nature of demands on the incumbent’s senses)
Sensory demands include use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches. The Band Office may be noisy and busy making it difficult for the Executive Secretary to concentrate.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue)
The Executive Secretary will have to manage a number of request and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
|Administration & finances officer Title
Administration and Finance Officer Support
|Printed Name Date
I certify that I have read and understand the responsibilities assigned to this position.
I certify that this job description is an accurate description of the responsibilities assigned to the position.
Chairman of Eiros Group, Ltd.
I approve the delegation of responsibilities outlined here in within the context of the attached organizational structure.
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
- This is a local and foreign hired position.
- Please only submit your cover letter, CV, and reference (at least three names with full contact details) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not forget to state your name and position applied in the e-mail subject.
- Deadline of application is September 22, 2014. Late submission will not be considered; hard copy applications and phone inquiries will not be accepted.