PNDS Support Program – Senior Finance Adviser
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Asia; Australasia; Timor Leste
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program currently has a requirement for a Senior Finance Adviser.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Finance Adviser will be to
- Build capacity of PNDS accountants at the national level by advising and providing on-the-job training throughout the program cycle, using the program implementation manual and community financial management manual as guidance.
- Support national accountants to:
- Incorporate financial reporting and monitoring data from villages into the program MIS.
- Develop and utilise systems for data verification.
- Develop work plans and reports.
- Take the lead on managing finance issues for PNDS program implementation at the national level.
- Undertake financial monitoring and produce national financial reports.
- Develop or revise training materials, and facilitate training and regular learning workshops.
- In response to finance issues identified in the field, support and mentor PNDS national accountants to resolve issues, and assist PNDS management with finance policy advice.
- Work closely with the PFM Adviser and the training team of the PNDS Support Program to share lessons learned from the field and lead the design of refresher training for PNDS accountants.
- Provide technical and professional advice for the Finance Support Officers of the FST and guide them to build capacity of PNDS district and sub district accountants through on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Manage the work planning, outputs and performance of the Finance Adviser.
- Undertake field visits to provide financial management support to PNDS accountants.
- Work closely with the Manager – FST and other team members to draft policies, procedures, work plans and reports to guide FST support.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link: here
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
To be contracted for 12 months with possibility of extension.
This position has been designated as A3 (Long-Term) under the Adviser Remuneration Framework.
By email: email your application with the reference “PC37 – Senior Finance Adviser” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this position:
Email email@example.com with the reference “PC37 – Senior Finance Adviser” in the subject line.
Closing date 15 September 2014, 9.00am Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.