Plan International in Timor-Leste
Women and Girls Participation (WOGIP) Coordinator (1 position), Based in Aileu
We strongly encourage applications from women and from people already living in Aileu for this Aileu-based position
Responsible for the implementation of Plan’s Women and Girls (WOGIP) program in Timor Leste including Women and girls Participation and protection. Ensuring that all WOGIP project well implemented in field with the quality demonstrated action to improved women and girls participation in local decision to reduce violence against women and girls.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
· Coordinate and conducted WOGIP program related to the research and assessment in the communities.
· Supervision and support partners facilitator in overall management the WOGIP program in terms of Women Forum in sub district and Suku, Identified the potential women for suku election, Support women voice through community radio included monitoring and advocacy.
· Support to build capacity on Gender equality, Leadership, monitoring and advocacy, public speaking, conflict management and other topics to the key community leader, women forum members, District Association, Government institution included CBOs.
· Support partners to mobilize participation of women and girls from various areas.
· Encourage women and girls involve in the district, sub district and suku committee (PNDS and Suku council).
· Conducted advocacy and awareness raising activities on WOGIP
· Provide timely and regular monthly reports to program manager.
· Monitoring and feedback to project implementation partners.
· Support Identification and assessment of partner NGOs in WOGIP programming;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or advanced (higher) university degree or equivalent in social/community development or in related fields
· Able to represent Plan in various community and district level forums on women and girls right.
· Experience in promotion of Girls and Women rights.
· Experience in Women participation, gender equality.
· Experience in gender base violence and violence against women and children.
· Experience in participatory community development.
· Experience in capacity building of local partners and facilitator skills.
· Experience in communications campaigns with women and girls, young people and adults
· Demonstrated excellence in report writing and English language and computer.
· Experience relationship work with government, NGOs and communities.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 September 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.TimorLeste@plan-international.orgor by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos or to Plan District Office in Aileu. Please contact above email address if you need a copy of the Job Description.