Vacancy Announcement No. 2014/TLS-004
Post Title: Public Information Assistant ( 1 position)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Dili
Duration: Six Months (Renewable)
Function Level: SC V
Date issue : 26 August 2014
Deadline of Application: 9 September 2014
Under the general supervision of the Country Director, and the direct supervision of Deputy Country Director/PI Officer, the Public Information Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the correct addressing of media queries;
- Assist with knowledge management and archival systems;
- Assist in keeping the media updated on WFPâ€™s activities;
- Work on WFP media/advocacy campaigns, including WFP ambassadors;
- As required, coordinate the translation of press releases, opinion editorials and other public documents;
- Draft and upon clearance from supervisor, disseminate press releases in various languages;
- Follow up on requests for information from media and donors;
- Assist in the organization of media/donor visits to WFP operations;
- Assist in producing photographic/video material, brochures and other documentation;
- Assist in the organization of media interviews;
- Prepare briefing papers and talking points as required;
- Assist in placing WFPâ€™s public service announcements in broadcasting stations;
- Keeps accurate records of media activities;
- Produces reports on WFP public information activities as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to public information activities.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of public information or other related field. At least one year at G4 level or equivalent.
Knowledge: Experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Language: Excellent command of both written and spoken English, working knowledge of Portuguese Local language Tetun and Bahasa.
Qualified candidates are requested to quote the Vacancy Number on the envelopes and send or hand deliver their application letter, enclosing their updated CVs together with copies of academic and professional certificates, names and addresses of three referees to:
Human Resources Unit, World Food Programme
Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, P.O. Box133, Dili, Timor Leste.
Post is open only to national of the country. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP GIVES AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL GENDER OR EMPLOYEE