Plan International in Timor-Leste
Youth Empowerment for Sustainable Development (YE4SD) National Program and Partnership Coordinator (1 Position)
The YE4SD National Program and Partnerships Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager with overall program implementation and coordination of national level YE4SD Program activities; forging partnerships at the national and district level; monitoring and capacity building of partner organizations, including field visits and monitoring key program implementation activities; actively participate in reporting and evaluation of program activities working in close collaboration with YE4SD Program team members.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position
Functional area: Partnerships
- Coordinates the relationships with various partners of the YE4SD Program, which include, but not limited to, liaison with partners; regular communications; awareness raising and information dissemination, meetings, participation in joint activities or partners’ events, etc.
- Carries out partner capacity assessments of potential partners and regularly reviews and updates assessments of existing partners (at least once per year; may be required more frequently depending on partners’ capacity and work plans);
- Develops capacity building and training plans (in collaboration with partners and YE4SD team); supports partners with training; to ensure that the partners can effectively meet the standards and requirements of the YE4SD Program, including planning, budgeting, reporting, evaluation, child protection, gender equality, and disability inclusion. Using participatory methods, identifies common capacity building needs of the Program partners to ensure maximization of efforts and resources for partner capacity building.
Functional area: YE4SD program management
- Supports the YE4SD Program Manager with strategy development, planning, reporting and evaluation of the YE4SD Program.
- In collaboration with the YE4SD Program Manager conducts quarterly reviews of Program expenditure, implementation plans; prepares and facilitates quarterly re-planning and prioritizing meetings/ sessions.
- Assists the YE4SD Program Manager with drafting agreements, MOUs, reports, communication materials for internal and external purposes.
- Conducts field visits to monitor program implementation and ensures quality of the Program delivery.
- Works closely with M&E Coordinator, District Coordinator and YE4SD Program Manager to ensure high quality coordination, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning processes for the YE4SD Program, with particular focus on supporting the District Coordinator with preparing reports and timely submission of required information from the districts to the M&E Coordinator and the Program Manager.
Skills and abilities required for the position
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Ability to build and maintain relationships through strong networking and inter-personal skills
- Strong team work and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated writing skills (report writing, proposal and concept paper writing)
- Demonstrated command of English language (written, spoken)
- Advocacy and networking skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in managing or coordinating youth and/or community development programs and teams.
- At least tertiary education preferably in the field of management, education, psychology, social sciences, and/or community development, or equivalent experience in the sector.
- University education with an appropriate qualification for the role is an advantage.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 2 September 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.email@example.com or by hand to , Rua Bairo Dos Grilhos, no 20 near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste. Contact the above email address if you require a copy of the Job Descriptions.