Call for Proposal (CFP)
The UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is inviting legally registered non- governmental organizations (NGOs) to submit a proposal on
Development of community based communication to foster gender equality and women’s empowerment, through local radio stations
Guidelines for the Submission of Proposals
Format of Proposal – Given the attached Terms of Reference, the proposal should contain, at a minimum, the following:
- A narrative proposal consisting of:
- Context and problem analysis should provide an overview of the actual situation and problems that the project will address. This should include but not be limited to (1) analysis of the use of ICT in development, especially to foster community change for gender equality; (2) overview of existing activities and projects on gender equality and communication through media especially at community level in Timor-Leste; (3) gaps and challenges to be addressed through media in regards to gender equality. (1 ½ pages)
- Justification: A description linking the problem analysis and the strategy of the project to the development context of Timor-Leste, the targeted districts. (½page)
- Expected results: The expected outputs and outcomes of your project (1 page).
- Strategy: describing how the project will achieve the intended results, including methods and approach. (2 pages).
- Partnerships: Include a description of the partners needed to successfully implement the project and their roles (1 page). International organizations are encouraged to work through/in partnership with a local partners.
- Institutional profile: Provide a brief description of the organization, including its registration details and relevant experience on communication, especially in regards to social communication and advocacy; communication for change; working with community radios; empowerment of women through communication; or any other relevant experience that qualifies the organization for this call for proposal (not more than 1 page).
- Log frame and implementation of work plan: A description of expected results, corresponding activities and work plan to conduct the activities (use the attached forms 1 and 2).
- A Budget Proposal fulfilling the following requirements:
- An output based budget – i.e. budget showing how much is required to achieve each output.
- The budget should include an allocation for preparation of a certified financial report annually and one audit report during the project.
- The administrative/indirect cost should not exceed 10% of total budget.
- Applicants must include Annexes (supporting documents) such as organizational brochure/profile, previous annual reports and three previous audit reports.
Proposals should be submitted by an organization of the following categories:
- International or local non-governmental and women’s organizations based in Timor-Leste
- The applying organizations must be legally registered.
Criteria for selection: Proposal will be selected on the basis of technical (80%) and financial (20%) assessments. The technical assessment will review the following:
- Extent to which the proposal meets the objective and priorities of the Call for Proposals (20%)
- Clarity of the situation analysis and problem identification (10%)
- Soundness of strategy, proposed activities and expected results against the problem analysis (20%)
- Application of a participatory process to bring together various strategic partners (10%)
- Realistic work plan to complete the activities (5%)
- Applicants’ institutional capacity and relevant experience (15%)
Proposals are due by 24th of August 2014
Please send proposals to:
UN Women Timor-Leste
Rua Caicoli, Dili, Timor-Leste
Attention: Lino Tasik Pina, UN Women TL
Please find also the CFP in http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
Annex: (Please send your request to Lino Tasik Pina, Phone: +670 3313 294)
1. Terms of Reference
2. Logframe format
3. Workplan format