Position: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Senior Administration Manager
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Since 2004, Health Alliance International (HAI) has been working with the government of Timor-Leste to implement programs to strengthen maternal, and newborn health services. The overarching goal of the program is to improve health and reduce mortality and morbidity for mothers and their infants in Timor-Leste thus contributing to the MDG goals four and five. HAI supports a variety of activities in the districts of Liquica, Aileu, Manufahi, Ainaro, and Dili.
Human Resource Administrator under the leadership of the Senior Administration Manager the Human Resources Administrator will work across the Health Alliance International team to support all systems, policies, human resource development, and human resource processes. The Administrator will be responsible for recruitment, employment contracts, performance review systems, and human resource policies,
Under the leadership of the Senior Administration Manager and in coordination with other HAI team responsible for the following:
- Drive and manage full lifecycle recruitment process for Timor-Leste program; including but not limited to, sourcing, screening, coordinating interviews and reference checking.
- Post job openings using online national / regional recruitment resources.
- Work closely with hiring managers to define job descriptions, identify required skill competencies and requirements.
- Assist in the review of applications by ensuring standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates.
- Ensure that interviews and documentation are in compliance with legal requirements and guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining all application materials and all forms during the recruitment process (e.g. application forms, candidate evaluation forms, etc), and be able to produce documents to the hiring committee upon request.
- Respond to initial inquiries concerning employment opportunities. Provide information on job opportunities to potential candidates and guidance to eventual applicants.
New staff Orientation:
- Support the process of orientation and mobilizing of new recruits (including ensuring the setup of emails, computers, workspace, business cards, ID card).
- Manage creation of new employee, consultant, and volunteer HR folders.
- Maintain confidential personnel files in accordance with legal requirements and ensuring personnel files are complete, current and accurate.
Performance Management & Training:
- Keep track of employee anniversaries and change in work status by filling and getting approved the Personal Action Notice forms.
- Assist each supervisor in overseeing the annual staff performance appraisal process including ensuring line-managers conduct regular reviews with their subordinates and relevant documentation is retained in personnel files.
- Support the Country Director and Senior Administration Manager with in-house training, conducting of annual HAI planning and strategic meetings, and overall staff development and training. Ensure training aligns to overall findings of trainings requested during performance reviews.
- Create HR letters to document any change in terms of employment for staff (change in office location, job title, salary, benefits or job role).
- Managing, data input, and developing the HAI HR database including keeping personnel records and data up to date (contracts, emergency numbers, performance reviews etc).
- Provide monthly consolidated HR reports on personnel status to HAI headquarters and provide other HR reports as requested.
Timesheets & Leave Mgmt:
- Oversee HAI timesheet management by following up & ensuring every supervisor submits the reviewed / signed timesheets for the staff in their team. Cross-check, summarize all timesheets and report leave status back to employees.
- Track employee leave applications and maintain up to date leave balance status to share with office manager each month end.
Other Human Resource and Administrative Duties:
- Working with HAI HQ and the Country Director to ensure that HAI personnel Local Handbook is periodically reviewed, updated, and distributed to all staff and policies are communicated clearly to all staff.
- Developing tools and guidelines that will help to strengthen HAI systems for orientation and management of human resources.
- Recommend, develop and assist in the enforcement of HR policies, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance with HAI policies, donor requirements, and Timor-Leste laws and regulations.
- Report personnel issues and problems to the Country Director and Senior Administration Manager and work with them and other relevant HAI team members to resolve issues.
- When invited, attend Timor-Leste program meetings, prioritizing HR tasks to be followed up on and communicate issues of importance to appropriate admin team members.
- Assist with front desk / telephone back-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Annual Audit Work:
- Support the Seniot Administration Manager is preparing all staff list in Excel by maintaining and using the employee database.
- Calculate the exact annual leave balance for each staff as on 31st of December every year to share with Seattle office.
- Have each staff file & every timesheet complete and correctly filled to be shared with auditors at a short notice.
- Maintain list of each new joinee in the financial year.
- Maintain list of each staff that resigned in that financial year.
This position is full-time. Timorese national preferred.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Relevant qualifications in administration, HR, and /or management.
- At least three years’ experience in administering human resources.
- Good knowledge of Timor Leste labor law.
- Proven track record in the implementation of human resource policies with an emphasis on recruitment, selection and performance management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Tetum. Sound understanding in Portuguese and Indonesian are also an advantage.
- Good listening and communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated administration and organizational ability as well as computer proficiency in word, excel and access.
- Work well with teams and independently.
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Personal workload prioritization and time management skills.
- Work experience with an international organization is preferable.
This advertisment deadline Friday, 22nd August 2014 If interested please email your CV to email@example.com or delivering to Health Alliance International Country Office, Avenida de Portugal, Maroni, Dili or call 332 2608.