ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Established in 1954, The Asia Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing from 60 years of experience in Asia, the Foundation has a strong reputation in the field of governance, civil society, economic reform, law & justice, women’s empowerment and international relations. With 18 offices throughout Asia, an office in Washington D.C, and its headquarters in San Francisco, TAF addresses these issues on both a country and regional level through collaborations with private and public partners to support leadership and institutional development, exchanges, and policy research.
The Asia Foundation in Timor-Leste is currently seeking candidates for the position of Administration and Human Resources Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for office management and human resources/personnel management of local staff. The Administration & HR Manager will be responsible for the organization and supervision of the administration activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the office. In relation to human resources, the Administration and Human Resources Manager will be responsible for staff employment contracts and performance reviews, administration of the staff health plan, and consultant and service contracts. Relevant to these areas, the Administration and Human Resources Manager will be required to recommend, develop and assist in the enforcement of internal policies, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance with Foundation policies, donor requirements, and Timor-Leste laws and regulations.
- At least five years’ experience in administering human resources and office administration.
- Proven track record in the implementation of human resource policies with an emphasis on recruitment, selection and performance management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Tetum. Sound understanding in Portuguese and Indonesian are also advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience with an international organization receiving funds from USAID, DFAT, DFID, NZ Aid or Norway is desirable.
- Demonstrated administration and organizational ability as well as computer proficiency in word and excel. Independent and proactive.
- Work experience with an international organization is preferable.
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Degree in business or management is desirable.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. This position is for Timorese nationals only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and no additional documentation is required. They must be delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste or via email to the address mentioned below before 05.00 pm on Friday, 15 August 2014.
Please contact the Asia Foundation at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org to obtain the job description for this position. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged for further process.