Post Level: Agricultural Technician
Type of Contract: Full-time
Location: Viqueque and Dili, Timor-Leste
Duration: Until December 2014 (with possibility of extension)
Starting Date: 18th of August 2014
Application Deadline: 10th of August 2014
Paz y Desarrollo (PyD) is a Spanish international independent nonprofit organization with neither religious nor political affiliation, founded in the year 1991 in Córdoba (Spain).
Paz y Desarrollo first established an office in Dili in the year 2006, and from that moment onwards, the organization has been implementing rural development projects and programs (mainly in the areas of agriculture and fisheries) funded by AECID.
In September 2010, PyD started the implementation process of two Gender and Development Regional Programs in Asia. One of them is the “Economic and social empowerment with gender perspective in Cambodia, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam” program, funded by the Spanish Agency of International Cooperation and Development (AECID). The expected long term outcome is to have contributed to the realization of economic and social rights in order to reduce the poverty and improving gender sensitive social equity.
This program introduces three interconnected approaches: the human rights based approach; the result based management approach as well as a comprehensive gender approach in all its actions.
In order to develop the right carrying out process, as well as, to be able to achieve the long term outcome of the program “Economic and social empowerment with gender perspective in Cambodia, Timor Leste, and Vietnam” it is necessary to contract a Technical Agriculture for the PyD Community Group in Viqueque. Under the overall guidance of the Responsible for Economic and Social Department, as well as the technical staff working at the regional and national office, the incumbent will be responsible for the Agriculture program in Viqueque for the Community Group of the project.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
She/he/they will be responsible for:
· Implement the Agriculture program in Viqueque.
· Carry out the planned grassroots level activities to disseminate improved technologies for the project mandated crops/commodities suitable to the need of the target farmers in the assigned area.
· Conduct training to farmers in areas related with production and post harvest technology.
· Coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
· Provide economic and finance reports to the PyD’s Finance Department and technical reports to the Economic and Social Rights Department every time demanded.
· Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
III. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Superior education in Agronomy, or related fields.
· Prior experience as Agricultural Technician.
· Minimum two year experience in rural development activities at communities level.
· Experience in elaborating training materials.
· Experience in participatory methodologies.
· Strong analytical, writing and communication skills, as well as synthesis capacity are required.
· Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Knowledge in the gender and development approach, the human rights based approach and the result based management approach (preferred).
· Native Makasae, Tetun Teric and Tetun.
· Portuguese or English.
IV. APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested candidates must submit their application to PyD office or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Application: Agricultural Technician.
Candidates are expected to submit:
– Motivation Letter
Applications close: 10th of August 2014
Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Fatuhada, Dom Aleixo, Dili, East Timor