Established in 1954, The Asia Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing from 60 years of experience in Asia, the Foundation has a strong reputation in the field of governance, civil society, economic reform, law & justice, women’s empowerment and international relations. With 18 offices throughout Asia, an office in Washington D.C, and its headquarters in San Francisco, TAF addresses these issues on both a country and regional level through collaborations with private and public partners to support leadership and institutional development, exchanges, and policy research.
The Asia Foundation in Timor-Leste is currently seeking candidates for the position of Receptionist. The incumbent will be responsible for administrative support to the office and for receptionist duties of The Asia Foundation. The tasks will include but are not limited to office mailing, routine correspondence and reports, maintaining Representative’s files and comprehensive contact lists, responding to inquiries, greeting visitors, first point of contact for all telephone inquiries and other administrative support tasks including act as primary liaison with the suppliers/business counterparts.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of office administration or program management support.
- At least 1 year experience in administrative work including filing, scheduling andmaintaining a database.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Tetum. Sound understanding in Portuguese and Indonesian are also advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated administration and organizational ability as well as computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet.
- Work experience with an international organization is preferable.
- Independent and proactive.
- Ability to work as part of a team, especially in a cross cultural environment.
- Ability and willingness to work under minimal supervision.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The positions are open for Timorese nationals only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and no additional document is required. They must be delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Dili, Timor-Leste or via email to the address mentioned below before 05.00 pm on Thursday, 31 July 2014.
Please contact the Asia Foundation at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org to obtain the job description for this position. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged for further process.