TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position: Finance and Procurement Consultant (open for Timorese and non-Timorese citizens)
Reporting: The Consultant will report directly to the Director General of Administration of the Presidency
Counterparts: Director of Finance and Planning as well as Chief of Procurement Department
Duration: 6 months
Expected Work Start Date: 30 July 2014
Location: The Presidency of the Republic, Dili, Timor-Leste
Remuneration: commensurable to the experience/technical expertise
- Duties and Responsibilities
The main tasks of the Consultant will include conducting a diagnostic analysis of the Finance Directorate and the Procurement Department, developing staff’s skills, establishing mechanisms to foster reform and modernization, setting-up mechanisms to have best practices, increasing capacity in drafting financial planning, providing critical procurement and financial advice, preparing Standard Operating Procedures, providing strategic planning and management supports for all procurement and financial activities and any other tasks that may be assigned later.
For more information on the duties and responsibilities of this position, please contact the e-mail mentioned below.
- A university degree in finance, accounting, economics, management, public administration, law, auditing procurement-related fields or in any other area relevant to the vacant position
- Extensive work experience of at least seven (7) years in procurement and finance areas in the public sector
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the legislation, regulation and procedures related to procurement and finance issues of Timor-Leste
- Knowledge of the current automated financial system in use (FreeBalance)
- Previous or current employment experience in Timor-Leste will be an advantage
- Fluency in Portuguese or English. Knowledge of Tetum and/or Indonesian will be an additional point
- Computer proficiency in at least Microsoft Office package, excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
III. Application Procedure
To know more about the recruitment process or to send your application, pleasesubmit your detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least two referees and an application letter to: email@example.com
Applications must be sent before 5 pm (Timor-Leste time), July 18, 2014.
Dili, 8th of July 2014