The Asia Foundation Timor-Leste (an International NGO) is currently seeking for candidates for the position of Driver (2 positions) who will be responsible for driving the Foundation staff, consultants and visitors in Dili and to the districts, deliver/pick-up errands, and routine maintenance on Foundation vehicles. The incumbent will coordinate with the Transport Officer, Operations Manager and Receptionist on all matters relating to vehicle, field trips and routine maintenance of the vehicle.
- East Timor citizenship.
- Demonstrated experience as a driver, with good safety record and compliance with traffic and vehicle laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate experience in vehicle maintenance.
- Excellent sense of responsibility
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Timorese passport (required for field trip to Oecusse)
- Able to communicate in adequate English and Tetum required; Indonesian/Portuguese is also desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work experience with international organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pro-active performance style.
- Ability to drive a car in unsealed roads.
- Willing to work in rural and remote areas of Timor-Leste
All Interested national (Timorese) applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The applications should contain a cover letter and most recent CV with three traceable referees. Please submit your CV and other relevant documents to Ms Zelia Fatima, The Asia Foundation, Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Bebonuk, Dili, Timor Leste or via email at: TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org before July 11, 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. The application from qualifiedwomen candidates is strongly encouraged.