Finance Adviser – PNDS Support Program
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program currently has a requirement for a Finance Adviser.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Adviser will be to
- Build capacity of PNDS accountants at the district and sub-district levels by advising and providing on-the-job training throughout the program cycle, using the program operations manual (POM) and community financial management manual (CFMM) as guidance.
- Support district accountants to ensure MIS is updated monthly with financial reporting and monitoring data from villages, that systems for data verification are in place, and national PNDS suco financial reports can be produced.
- Support district accountants (and indirectly sub district finance facilitators) in carrying out financial monitoring.
- In response to finance issues identified in the field, support and mentor the PNDS district accountants to resolve issues, and work with the Senior Finance Adviser – FST to provide finance policy advice and guidelines to PNDS management.
- Work closely with the Senior Adviser Finance and Finance Support Officers of the FST to share lessons learned from the field and provide input to the design of refresher training for PNDS accountants.
- Work closely with the district accountants to facilitate training and regular learning workshops for sub district finance facilitators and community management teams.
- Support PNDS district accountants with work planning, reporting and taking the lead on managing finance implementation issues.
- Provide technical and professional advice for the Finance Support Officers of the FST and guide them to build capacity of PNDS accountants at the district and sub-district level through on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Undertake regular field visits to provide financial management support to PNDS district accountants and FST Finance Support Officers.
- Work closely with the Senior Adviser Finance – FST and other team members to draft policies, procedures, work plans and reports to guide FST support.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link:
Please click on the Terms of Referencefor selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted for 12 months with possibility of extension
By email: email your application with the reference “PC38 – Finance Adviser” in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PC38 – Finance Adviser” in the subject line.
Closing date 10 July 2014, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.