Senior Adviser Corporate Management – PNDS Support Program
Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Asia; Australasia; Timor Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program currently has a requirement for a Senior Adviser – Corporate Management. This is a senior management position within the program.
The position will be co-located with the PNDS Secretariat in the Ministry of State Administration.
Team management and leadership
- Lead and manage a team of international and national advisers including coordination of adviser inputs and activities; work planning; performance management; timely and professional reporting of activity progress and risks.
- Ensure that advisers within the corporate management team are providing high quality, coordinated, timely and practical advice and support to government counterparts.
- Collaborate with adviser colleagues from the Operations Unit to improve corporate policies, procedures and systems across the PNDS Secretariat.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and timely submission of high quality work plans, reports and other written products by the advisory team, and oversee implementation and review.
- Ensure close collaboration, communication and team work between advisers and Cardno program managers particularly the planning, budgeting, and implementation of DFAT-funded activities.
Organisational and capacity development
- Manage and oversee the provision of practical and effective capacity development activities by the corporate management advisory team with particular emphasis given to systems development and improvement.
- Provide professional and practical assistance to the PNDS Administration Management Unit to develop, implement and monitor its annual plans, budget and reports.
- Support and assist the Director Administration Management Unit with organisational development including:
- the further development and refinement of the PNDS organisational development strategy
- staged and prioritised implementation of the strategy across units, departments, and district and sub-district teams
- monitoring progress and results, and recommending improvements.
- Provide high quality advice and support to the Director, Administration Management Unit in performing day-to-day leadership and management of the Unit.
- Assist the Director, Administration Management Unit with management of:
- unit roles and functions
- staff performance
- administration, financial management, procurement, human resources management, staff development, training, ICT, assets management, and logistics
- strategic financial management including grant payment processes, budget development, audit and fraud.
To be contracted for 24 months, ideally from August 2014.
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government Adviser Remuneration Framework. It is designated as level C3 (long term) within that framework. More information about the ARF can be found here: http://www.AustralianGovernment.gov.au/publications/pages/3994_1809_6357_1618_6763.aspx
By email: email your application with the reference “PC02 – Senior Adviser Corporate Management” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this position:
Email email@example.com with the reference “PC02 – Senior Adviser Corporate Management” in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered.