Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Project : School Dropout Prevention Pilot Project
Position : National M&E and Research Specialist – 1 position
Grade : B
Salary : From $799 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili
Report to : Deputy Country Coordinator
Contract period : July 2014 to April 2015
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE International in Timor –Leste (CITL) has a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist is a senior position of School Dropout Prevention Pilot Project (SDPP) with major responsibilities will be varied in contributing significantly to strategic programmatic processes and will include:
- Leading M&E staff based in the districts to conduct the regular monitoring of the research projects implementation
- Adapting the research and M&E tools.
- Leading the field data collection events for the research project
- Ensuring the quality of the data collection process.
- Completed secondary education and preferred university level.
- Extensive experience on M&E and data management in Timor-Leste, leading large survey teams or data collection teams as well as management.
- Extensive knowledge of the education system in Timor-Leste, preferably with previous experience in education projects in the country.
- Highly proficient in the use of computers including: word processing, spreadsheets, database, MS Excel, MS Access and SPSS.
- Training skills
- Excellent tetum and Indonesian skills, and spoken fluency in English
- Ability to work in cross-culture setting, lead teams and promote active cooperation between employees in different levels
- Strong personal organizational skills and leadership skills
- Team building and cooperative work skills
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email your submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, before or by 20 June 2014. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.