PNDS Support Program – Technical Team Leader
Job Reference Number
Position no. PC01
Long Term Adviser
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program has a requirement for Technical Team Leader.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Team Leader will be to
- Provide leadership to the technical adviser teams within the Secretariat to ensure coordination of inputs and activities in support of PNDS.
- Lead and manage TA to develop the six-monthly implementation plans for the team, coordinating individual advisers’ work planning, and manage adviser inputs and performance.
- Lead the Adviser team to support the PNDS Secretariat with annual planning and budgeting, reporting, ministerial and inter-ministerial briefings, and development of systems for the effective operation of national and district PNDS offices.
- Provide technical advice on program design and implementation, including continuous improvement of the program.
- Provide advice to the PNDS Secretariat and Program Director to support the coordination of the Inter-ministerial Committee and to facilitate communication and inputs from ministries.
- Prepare six monthly progress reports for the advisory team in the Secretariat, and other reports and updates as required.
- Support and promote capacity development of national counterparts and PNDS Support Program staff.
- Other activities relevant to the role or as requested by the Program Director.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link:
Please click on the Terms of Referencefor selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted during the period of two years.
a) By email: email your application with the reference “PC01 – Technical Team Leader” in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PC01 – Technical Team Leader” in the subject line.
Closing date 15 June 2014, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.