PNDS Support Program – Manager Field Support Team
Job Reference Number
Position no. PC69
Locally Engaged Staff
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and a Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. The PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Australian Government is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program has a requirement for Manager Field Support Team.
The key responsibilities of the Manager Field Support Team will be to
Team management and leadership of Field Support Team
- Lead and manage personnel including recruitment, supervision, performance management, team building, and scheduling of field trips.
- Implement simple yet effective work planning and reporting systems.
- Prepare and ensure timely lodgement of reports to Secretariat management and PNDS Support Program.
- Provide high quality feedback and monitoring results to assist decision making by Secretariat management.
- Ensure the Field Support Team is providing high quality and coordinated support and advice to Secretariat management.
- Manage and oversee the provision of practical and effective capacity development by team personnel to government counterparts.
- Collaborate with adviser colleagues and key counterparts about improvements to program implementation, systems strengthening, and capacity development of district and sub-district personnel and teams.
- By acting as the ‘eyes and ears’ of PNDS, provide a concrete and constructive link between the field and national management to enable smooth implementation and continuous program improvement.
- Report back on key findings – positive and negative – so PNDS Secretariat management can collaborate with government policy makers and manage the program in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Continually report issues and outcomes to the Secretariat so the national management team can make decisions and act on recommendations.
- Manage team involvement in PNDS forums, workshops and coordination meetings and ensure salient findings are reported back to management.
- Monitor program performance including compliance with program procedures and regulations.
- Provide support for the effective utilisation of the community feedback system.
- Support the field support team to provide intensive, continual field support and mentoring to PNDS district officers, and through the district officers, the sub-district facilitators.
- Work collaboratively with national management to identify and document successes, weaknesses, failures, complaints and problems, and in response to these, support the mentoring of district officers to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Make recommendations to PNDS Secretariat management regarding program design revisions, additional training, community engagement and governance approaches, grant funding and so on.
Implementation management support
Provide advisory assistance and capacity building to the Chief of Department Program Implementation on the management of activity implementation.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link:
Please click on the Terms of Referencefor selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted during the period of two years.
a) By email: email your application with the reference “PC69 – Manager Field Support Team” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this position:
Email email@example.com with the reference “PC69 – Manager Field Support Team” in the subject line.
Closing date 15 June 2014, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.