IMIS & VN. No. : #86370 & HR/VN/2014/003
Duty Station : Dili, Timor-Leste
Budget Level : NO-B, Fixed-Term
Section : Health and Nutrition
Under the guidance of Nutrition Specialist, incumbent is accountable for professional technical contribution to project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy, with emphasis on addressing gender inequalities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Programme/Project Management Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Nutrition programme and project design, addressing gender inequalities and determinants of gender equality where relevant in implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Draft sound Nutrition programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
2. Project Efficiency and Effectiveness Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including gender-specific monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Nutrition project status.
3. Work Plan and Project Documentation Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports using agreed upon gender indicators where needed; assist in draft changes in Nutrition project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
4. Project Implementation Information and Data Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that Nutrition project expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the project information and database. Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
5. Knowledge Sharing Compile Nutrition project implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and media.
6. Communication and Networking Ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration, with particular emphasis on understanding gender inequalities and on practicing gender mainstreaming where applicable.
· Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
- Team with local Government counterparts to exchange information on Nutrition project implementation and status as well as movement and distribution of supplies.
- Help coordinate with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to Nutrition sector.
Requirements: Education: University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family and Community Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health Preparedness, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s). Training in gender and in nutrition programmes that promote gender equality and asset. Experience: Two years of relevant professional work experience or field work experience. Background/familiarity with Emergency. Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in programming interventions that reduce thee disparities an asset.
Language(s): Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station. Competencies: i) Core Values (Required): Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity. ii) Core Competencies (Required): Communication (II), Working with People (I), Drive for Results (I) iii) Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts (I), Analysing (II), Applying Technical Expertise (II), Learning and Researching (II) and Planning and Organizing (II) iv) Technical Knowledge (I).
Application is open for TIMOR-LESTE NATIONALS ONLY. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the two most recent PERs/Evaluations (for UN staff). Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates. Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be entertained.
Hongwei Gao Country Representative, UNICEF TIMOR LESTE