Plan International in Timor-Leste
Vacancy Announcement: Operations Assistant
Plan, one of the world’s largest children’s INGOs, works with children and poor communities in 50 developing countries, Visit www.plan-international.org
In support of its current growth, Plan Timor-Leste wishes to recruit an Operations Assistant
Reporting to the Admin Coordinator, the Operations Assistants will be responsible to provide support and assistance to the Country Accountant and Administration Coordinator in day to day finance and admin transactions and provide support to programs needs and over all country needs in terms of administration and logistics.
The successful candidates will have:
- At least three years experience in finance and administration in a local or international NGO.
- Undertaken study in basic management or logistics.
- Experience in working with child-focused development organizations will be an advantage.
Criteria for success
- Flexibility on time and management.
- Willing to accept extra work as required during urgent circumstances like audit, yearend closing, budget preparation, and etc.
- Willing to work as team and not as individual.
- Willing to give extra time in during physical asset verification.
- Assists drivers and cleaners in terms of achieving their personal development
- Maintain good petty cash management
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23 May 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.email@example.com by hand to , Rua Bairo Dos Grilhos, no 20 near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste