Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor- Leste – CITL
Job Title : M&E and Accountability Officer
Grade : C. 1
Reports to : Program Quality Manager
Location : Based in Dili, with frequent travel to field locations
Employment Basis : 12 months renewable
About the Role:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Accountability Officer reports to the Program Quality Unit Manager and works closely with the Gender Coordinator, and staff from other project teams. As part of the Program Quality Unit, the M&E and Accountability Officer provides support and mentoring to CITL programs and the wider country office in protection and accountability issues, monitoring and evaluation and strengthening our engagement with partner organisations.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the M&E and Accountability Officer are:
- To Facilitate or co-facilitate training on child protection to staff
- To support staff in providing child protection training to partner organisations and awareness raising in communities
- Monitor CITL’s compliance with the CARE Child Protection Policy through annual reviews
- Strengthen community and agency capacity to respond to protection concerns in humanitarian preparedness and response.
- To coordinate with key protection actors and networks in Timor-Leste and ensure that information from the various actors and networks is distributed within CARE (such as, child protection network; GBV strategic network; regional networks where relevant).
- To take a leading role in a protection response on behalf of CARE in the event of a humanitarian emergency in Timor-Leste.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to the Program Quality Manager in providing M&E mentoring and support to CITL programs
- Assist in delivery of M&E and Gender training as directed by Program Quality Manager and Gender Advisers
- Monitor projects teams progress towards milestones in individual M&E improvement plans
- Actively observe individual project monitoring in the field and provide constructive feedback to project managers
- Assist with collation of data to contribute to CARE International wide reporting systems such as PIIRs.
- Together with ACD Programs and Program Quality Manager review CARE accountability mechanisms against the CARE International Accountability Framework
- Provide support and guidance in setting up accountability frameworks for development projects and emergency activities
- Monitor accountability systems within CITL and communities and provide feedback and reports to management
- Together with ACD Programs and Program Quality Manager review current partnership practices within CITL and assist in the development of a partnership strategy and toolkit
Knowledge & Experience Required.
- Experience in the implementation of humanitarian or development projects
- Experience in training and/or working with rural and urban communities, participatory approaches, and communicating about sensitive issues
- Experience working with different agencies and networks responding to child abuse, gender-based violence, care of the elderly or disabled, etc.
- Knowledge of international standards for protection of vulnerable groups
- Experience in report writing and timely submission of reports
- Secondary school qualifications completed; university degree preferred
Skills & Personal attributes
- Ability to work in a systematic and organised manner and within deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and email
- Flexibility and proven team player
- Strong communication skills including ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely in Tetum, with moderate English writing skills
- Able to attend meetings held in English and comprehend well
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote areas on a frequent basis
HOW TO APPLY
For those who are interested for this position, please submit the signed application letter with maximum 500 words and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairro Pite Dili, OR by email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 30 May 2014 at 5PM. Only the short listed applicant will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
“CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment”.