ChildFund Timor Leste
Position Vacancy for Sponsor Relation Officer
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Sponsor Relation Officer (1) Base in Dili
Report to: Program Director
Summary of the position
The Sponsor Relations Officer is responsible for ensuring that sponsors and children’s correspondences are properly managed. Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all sponsorship related program activities. Train, support and mentor PA sponsor relation coordinators.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Manager in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all ChildFund Timor Leste sponsor relation program
- Working with the Project Affiliate develop and implement strategies to ensure that better relations are built between sponsors and sponsored children, their families and communities.
- Build capacities of ChildFund staff, PA staff, Council of Leaders and SR Volunteer Committee in management of SR activities.
- Ensure that highest standards of child protection are observed in sponsor relations.
- Provide support to the Program Manager in SR program development.
- Manage information records of sponsored children to initiate, maintain and review sponsor links.
- Provide support in the implementation of ChildFund Country Strategy Plan (CSP) particularly the SR component.
- Provide regular supervision to the PAs, communities and partnering community organizations.
- Design and lead in surveys and research studies to monitor and evaluate SR program
- Prepare and submit timely SR related training budgets, training plan, training reports and monthly SR activity report to the Program Manager.
- In coordination with the Program Manager and PAs prepare annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly SR project work plans and reports and contribute to development of National Office workplans.
- Participate in weekly and monthly coordination meetings.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training and continuing education programs as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or the National Director
Qualifications and experiences
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. Must have a University degree (or equivalent) in any social sciences from a recognized institution. At least 3 years progressive post qualification experience and community development experience working with NGOs is required. Report writing and information management skills, excellent negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills. Practical experience in working with children and communities, proven commitment to child rights
Building Partnerships, Communication Skills( verbal and written), English language skill written and spoken is required, Critical thinking and Decision Making, Facilitation Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Planning skills, Results Orientation
Independently motivated and able to work without supervision is required.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. Please note that this is local position. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to email@example.com. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 7 April 2014 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.