TITLE: Capacity Building Officer (national position)
LOCATION: Dili, with travel to the districts
REPORTS TO: Capacity Building Manager
DATE DUE: Will remain open until filled
START DATE: 1 April 2014
With direction from the Chief of Party, and reporting directly to the Capacity Building Manager, and designated Counterpart HQ staff, the specialist will aim at strengthening the human and organizational capacity of public and civil society leaders. S/he will work with selected suco councils and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to build their institutional capacity, suggest reforms, train council and CSO leaders and staff, establish transparency mechanisms, and inform councils and CSOs of the legal framework in which they operate.
- Design program organizational and individual capacity building framework, trainings and evaluation tools
- Deliver trainings of trainers to partners that will deliver capacity building/institutional strengthening trainings to Timorese suco council and CSO leaders.
- Build the organizational development capacity of governance and legal team staff to carry on program operations throughout the life of the project.
- Work with project staff to translate and streamline all of Counterpart’s OD tools and methodologies into relevant languages for future use by the program.
- Travelling in supporting coordination and networking among NGOs and suco councils.
- Propose and oversee administrative and logistical aspects related to capacity building activities.
- Implement training and technical assistance for suco councils/CSOs and suco councils/CSO leaders to increase their knowledge of institutional capacity.
- Design and oversee grants to local NGOs
- Guide and ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting and communications.
- Develop strong organizational relationships and partnerships with suco, district and national-level government authorities.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Experience on donor-funded capacity building programs or working in a relevant government or nongovernmental organization preferred.
- Degree in relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement capacity building assessments of organizations and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver participative and interactive training modules for adults
- Demonstrated ability to engage in ongoing follow up support to capacity building training activities
- Demonstrated ability to design, and implement targeted monitoring and evaluation activities to measure results
- Demonstrated previous success in capacity building of individuals or organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills in Tetum. Good English-language skills preferred.
- Driver’s license preferred.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.
Counterpart International is a global development organization that empowers people and communities to implement innovative and enduring solutions to social, economic, and environmental challenges. For nearly 50 years, Counterpart has been forging partnerships with communities in need to address complex problems related to economic development, food security and nutrition, and building effective governance and institutions. For more information visitwww.Counterpart.org