The Embassy of the United States of America
The U.S. Embassy in Dili is seeking an individual for the position of Medical Officer/Doctor in its Medical Section located at Rua Praia dos Coqueiros Dili, Timor-Leste.
POSITION: Medical Officer / Doctor FSN-12
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Incumbent serves as the Embassy’s Medical Officer/Doctor providing medical services to U.S. Direct Hire employees and family members of all U.S. Government agencies in Dili, Timor-Leste. Also, examine Foreign Service National employees upon hiring and on occasion due to on-the-job injuries and refer any who become ill at work to their private physicians. Works without close technical supervision and maintains, under the direction of the Regional Medical Officer in Jakarta, responsibility for planning and administering the health program at post.
1) M.D. collegiate degree; completion of an approved internship and license to practice medicine acceptable in Timor-Leste and comparable to requirements in the U.S.;
2) At least six years of practice experience to include one or two years of the six years in formal residency training;
3) On the job; regional training in Jakarta; yearly regional medical conferences;
4) Level IV English ability (fluent) plus fluency in the use of professional medical terminology;
5) Must have general knowledge, confidence and ability to handle all types of Primary Care and Emergency cases seen in the Embassy Health Unit. Must have general practical knowledge and understanding of Advance Cardiac Life Support, Advance Training Life Support and emergency medical response for chemical, biological and radiological situations. Should have regularly attended annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) training and seminars to stay current with medical practice at U.S. and European Standards.
6) Must be sensitive to needs and feelings of others and be approachable and personable in order to obtain and maintain the trust and confidence of employees and dependents. Maturity, stability, objectivity, resourcefulness, adaptability and sound professional judgment is essential in this position. Must have a customer service orientation, and be willing to work after hours when needed.
WHO MAY APPLY: Local nationals or anyone with the required permits and documentation to legally seek employment in Timor-Leste.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete DS-174 (Universal Application for Employment). Application forms and detailed Position Description are available at the US. Embassy Rua Praia dos Coqueiros Dili, Timor-Leste. Applicants may also attach a resume or CV which contains the same information as required in form DS-174.
An attractive salary and fringe benefits package will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Human Resources Office, Attention: Recruitment
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POSITION: 18 March 2014