Oxfam Timor Leste program is looking for two National positions for Partners Liaison Coordinator and District Program Coordinator.
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more.
Partners Liaison Coordinator
|The Partner Liaison Coordinator will be expected to undertake a broad range of tasks to support Oxfam’s partners in their work. He/she will be the main liaison point between Oxfam and the partners in administrative and grant management issues, and will also help to coordinate capacity needs assessments and capacity building processes with partners. The Partner Liaison Coordinator reports to the Program Support Coordinator.
- Practical experience in working with partner organizations
- Experience in supporting capacity building and institutional strengthening
- Practical experience working in a development program in Timor-Leste preferably in one of the areas supported by Oxfam.
- Understanding of the project cycle as they relate to community development programs
- Practical experience in reviewing partner reports, financial as well as narrative aspects.
- Relevant degree and qualifications (preferred)
- Practical knowledge of and commitment to, participatory approaches to community development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Tetun and Indonesian and ability to communicate with people at who are illiterate, or have little schooling.
- Need to have basic verbal communication skills in English
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a systematic and organised manner and within deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and electronic mail.
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Dedication to working with local communities and NGOs using a participatory approach
- Ability to network and share information on district and national developments
District Program Coordinator
(Base in Suai District)
|The District Program Coordinator will represent Oxfam within the district and provide leadership on all aspects of the Oxfam program, based on the Joint Strategic Plan for Timor-Leste. Support key focus areas of capacity development both for Oxfam program staff as well as for communities and development partners within the district
- Minimum three years NGO experience in a leadership and/or management role.
- Experience of working in community development programs, preferably with partner organizations.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Solid understanding of program cycle management.
- Experience in managing grants, funds and/or budgets necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tetun or Bahasa Indo; good English language ability required.
- Knowledge and commitment to adhere to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct, Oxfam Code of Conduct, People in Aid Code of Good Practice and Sphere relief standards;
- Higher qualification in a discipline relevant to the Oxfam program or equivalent substantial experience as well as advanced computer skills.
To Apply: Request a detailed position description and Application Form from Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her firstname.lastname@example.org , calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste. Please note that only applications submitted on our Application Form and received by 5:00PM Friday, 21 Feb 2014 will be accepted. They can be sent to above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted