HAKOHAK Polisia ho Komunidade Program
Job Announcement : District Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy Program Manager
Base: Maliana District
Closing Date : 7 January 2014 before 5 pm
The District Coordinator shall work with the HAKOHAK program to ensure that all project activities within the district are implemented in an organized manner and all project outputs are met. The district Coordinator shall be an individual who is know to and respected by, the District constituency, the district PNTL, the district Administration/Sub Administration and must have significant exposure to the sucos. Preference will be given those based in the District. A university degree and proficiency in English will be distinct advantages. Constant travel to sucos is to be expected.
The District Coordinator shall:
1. Assist the program team to introduce the project to the PNTL office, District and Sub District Administration Offices (DAO and SDAO) and the Suco Councils (SC).
2. Assist the program, PNTL, and SDAO to create and hold quarterly District Level Steering Committee meetings ensuring the involvement of the PNTL, DA, Community Police Councils heads, as well as civil society and line ministry representatives.
3. Coordinate with PNTL and sucos to ensure the training and establishment of Community Police Councils (CPCs).
4. Provide logistical support for the full implementation of program activities in the districts
5. Assist and provide technical assistant to CPC activities in the district.
6. Coordinate the implementation of CPC meetings and activities, such as monthly action planning meetings, dialogues, and security grants.
7. Implement a rapid assessment of target sucos to help form part of the project baseline for the district.
8. Regularly conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to assess project performance. This will include developing meeting an activity reports and holding Focus Group Discussions.
9. Identify implementation problems, and constraints and identify interventions to resolve these.
10. Prepare monthly activity plans and reports based on the monitoring and evaluation plan
11. Continuously update the PNTL, DAO and SDAO on activities of the project
12. Perform such others functions as may be necessary to ensure project implementation in the districts.
· Demonstrated work experience in development work of Timor Leste
· Strong networking and community fieldwork skill, including relations with government
· Strong Tetun/Indonesian presentation and facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate management and organizational ability and computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
· Work experience with international organization preferred
· Independent and proactive, while being able to work in team, especially cross culture
· Ability / skills to write Monthly report
· Ability and willingness to work under minimum supervision
· Verbal and written communication skills in English as advantage
· Be able to Ride Motorbike
All Interested national applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The applications should contain a cover letter and most recent CV with three traceable referees. Please submit your CV and other relevant documents to Ms Zelia Fatima, The Asia Foundation, Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Bebonuk, Dili, Timor Leste or via email atTAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. The application from qualified female candidates is strongly encouraged.