PNDS – Technical Support & Monitoring Officer Finance (4 positions)
Job Reference Number: Position no.PC49
Job Type: Locally Engaged Staff
Job Location: Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste. Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
The Government will provide each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects.
An Inter-Ministerial Committee and Technical Working Group have been established to develop PNDS, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency).
PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
AusAID is assisting the government to develop the PNDS through the PNDS Support Program managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
We currently have vacancies for four Technical Support & Monitoring Officers – Finance. These position will be part of the Field Support Team (FST) within the PNDS Support Program. The purpose of these roles is to independently monitor PNDS implementation in the field, provide on the job mentoring to district and sub-district PNDS staff.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria can be found by clicking on the link: Terms of Reference.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Support & Monitoring Officers – Finance are to:
· Work with the Finance Advisers to develop simple tools and report formats.
· Participate in quarterly work planning and scheduling with the Field Coordinator – Social Development.
· Undertake extensive and ongoing field visits (approx. 15 suco/aldeia per month – both urban and rural) to monitor progress and provide on the job technical support.
· Prepare monthly field reports with details of findings (positive and negative) and recommendations from the field.
· Provide support for the effective utilisation of the Community Feedback System (CFS), and track and monitor its effectiveness.
· In response to issues identified, support and mentor the District Accountants, and in turn the SDFFs to resolve issues.
· Support PNDS District Accountants in leadership, management and coordination, including creating strong networks amongst the SDFs.
· Support PNDS District Accountants in management of data and reporting activities.
· Support PNDS teams to manage and implement community engagement activities including community management training modules that promote gender equity and social inclusion.
Please click on the Terms of Reference for selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted to 7 August 2014.
a) By email: email your application with the reference “PC49 – Technical Support & Monitoring Officer Finance” in the subject line to email@example.com
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PC49 – Technical Support & Monitoring Officer Finance” in the subject line.
Closing date: 20 December 2013, 12.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.