Established in 1954, The Asia Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing from nearly 60 years of experience in Asia, the Foundation has a strong reputation in the field of governance, civil society, economic reform, law & justice, women’s empowerment and international relations. With 18 offices throughout Asia, an office in Washington D.C, and its headquarters in San Francisco, TAF addresses these issues on both a country and regional level through collaborations with private and public partners to support leadership and institutional development, exchanges, and policy research.
The Asia Foundation in Timor Leste is currently seeking for an energetic individual who is interested to be part of the administration team as Procurement Officer. The procurement officer is in charge of purchasing materials and equipment for the TAF office and TAF-assigned projects/programmes in accordance with TAF and donors rules and conditions. The selected candidate will be responsible for informing projects and programmes on all status of the procurement processes and other custom matters. The incumbent will be coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative and financial division as well as to manage the inventory database.
· BA in business administration or recognized commercial diploma in business administration
· At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
· Reliability and high level of integrity
· Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Ms Office)
· Good knowledge of Tetum, Indonesian and English. Portuguese knowledge is an asset
· Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
· Driving License
· Analytical skills
The Foundation is also looking to engage an experienced individual with strong secretarial background in order to become an executive assistant for the Country Representative (CR). The Executive Assistant will prepare various documents and brief the CR regarding to the contents including drafting official letters and memoranda in response to incoming mails or calls, providing clerical support as well as arranging appointments, meetings and conferences. He/she will be responsible for preparing all travel arrangements including flight booking, compiling travel vouchers and forms and maintaining all travel records by updating the Travel Authorization and TAF Staff Tracker.
· Minimum of a university degree or professional qualification in a relevant area
· At least 2 years of working experience with an international organization in a similar position
· Conceptual understanding and flexibility
· Ability to use computers, word processing, spread sheets and email
· Experience in undertaking a range of secretarial and event coordination tasks
· Ability to prioritize requests and multitask
· Ability to communicate clearly both when speaking and writing in English and Tetum.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to work in multi-cultural environment
· Able to innovate and work under less supervision
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong numerical skills
The closing date for submitting applications is due on Tuesday December 17, 2013 before 5 pm. Full job description for both positions can be obtained via email from Ms Zelia Fatima at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org or through phone on +670 331 3457
Please submit your CV and other relevant documents by hand to Human Resources unit, The Asia Foundation, Rua Praia dos Coqueiros, Bairo Metin Rua, Bebonuk, Dili, Timor Leste or via email whose the address mentioned above.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. The application of qualified female candidates is strongly encouraged.
Interested Timorese residence applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Admin & HR Manager
The Asia Foundation, Dili Timor-Leste
Phone: (+670) 331 3457
Mobile: (+670) 723 0917