Mobile Moms/Liga Inan Project Coordinator
Health Alliance International – Timor-Leste
Reports to: Country Director – Timor Leste
Location: Same, Manufahi District, Timor-Leste
Start date: January 2014
The Mobile Moms project will pilot the use of mobile phone technology to increase the likelihood that pregnant women will adopt behaviors that promote a healthy, full term delivery and seek routine assistance from a midwife for ANC, at birth and for the newborn. A large component of the Mobile Moms project is the development of an SMS based information system that facilitates two-way communication between a mid-wife and her patients. Other components of the program are training and monitoring for a cadre of Community Health Workers engaged in home visits to expectant mothers and building capacity of Ministry of Health midwives in the delivering of basic emergency obstetric care.
The Project Coordinator provides leadership and coordination to HAI program staff to assure close collaboration and integration with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Health in support of strengthening health services and community health promotion for HAI’s Mobile Moms Project. S/he is responsible for assuring that HAI’s activities are completed as planned, assisting with trouble-shooting and problem solving, and working with staff to assess program effectiveness. The position is based in Same, Manufahi District with intermittent travel to Dili.
- Provide overall management of HAI’s Mobile Moms Project
- Primary responsibility for coordinating the DIP (Detail Implementation Plan) Workshop
- Work closely with the Program Manager for HAI’s Maternal, Newborn and Child Spacing programs in order to link and integrate activities between the two projects and share resources (including staff) when necessary
- In coordination with the Country Director and senior management staff, provide leadership to achieve technical, programmatic and administrative goals, ensuring a positive impact on HAI’s staff, program participants and beneficiaries.
- In coordination with Seattle Headquarters, the Country Director and senior management staff, assist in the development of annual operating plans and long term strategic planning, including regular monitoring of HAI’s strategic objectives in Timor-Leste.
- Maintain and coordinate strong communication with Country Director and Seattle Headquarters for programmatic and administrative issues; follow HAI guidelines for management of resources, utilizing the HAI Administrative manual of policies and procedures, assure compliance with USAID and HAI policy regarding sub-recipients, vendors and sub-contractors.
- In coordination with Seattle Headquarters, the Country Director and senior program staff, review and participate in management of program budgets.
- Work closely with M&E Manger to establish system for routine monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Work closely with external consultant, Country Director and HQ staff to develop a plan for and conduct a final evaluations
- Participate in the selection and hiring of relevant staff.
- Assume overall responsibility for supervision of in-country assigned program staff and on occasion students and/or interns.
- In coordination with Country Director, conduct appraisals of assigned program staff and provide on-going support for professional development.
- Provide technical assistance, when requested, to Ministry of Health officials and other appropriate agencies regarding the Mobile Moms project
- Participate in relevant technical advisory groups with counterparts/stakeholders.
- Assure technical competence of program staff as needed.
- Work with Country Director and HQ staff to prepare annual and other program reports to funders and stakeholders in Tetum and English languages
- Respond to MOH and donor requests for reports on activities and program progress.
- With Country Director meet regularly with in-country donor staff to provide program updates as requested
- Three to five years of health program management experience in Timor-Leste
- Degree or equivalent in public health or public administration
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the Timor-Leste public health systems
- Knowledge of maternal/newborn care and family planning programming in Timor-Leste
- Accomplished interpersonal, networking, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in human resources management, especially team building
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in Tetum and Bahasa Indonesia
- English language proficiency
- Experience in health program staff management and team building with a demonstrated respectful and culturally sensitive leadership style.
- Past experience of working with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Health
- Knowledge of and experience working in Timor-Leste communities relative to project implementation
Only Timorese Nationals will be considered for this position. To apply please email your resume to HAI Office Manager, Harun Boavida, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Alliance International, Avenida de Portugal, Marconi (3322608)
Deadline for application is 20th December 2013