Specialist Regulatory Adviser to the ANC (GfD)
Job Reference Number
EMR/DP/GfD/Specialist Regulatory Adviser
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Asia; Australasia; Timor Leste; Dili
Cardno Emerging Markets is implementing the Governance for Development (GfD) Interim Support Services program on behalf of the Australian Government. The Australian Government is currently undertaking design of new program of support for Timor-Leste, the Governance for Development (GfD) program. GfD focuses upon: Good public sector management to enable growth and delivery of services that meet Timor-Leste’s development needs.
The Government of Timor-Leste is seeking an experienced and broadly skilled Regulatory Specialist familiar with spectrum management and other technical aspects of telecom regulatory to provide, in concert with other Advisers and under the guidance of the Principal Adviser, strategic and technical advice as well as operational support to the Autoridade Nacional de Communicações (ANC) toward the objectives of establishing the institution of the ANC.
The Specialist Regulatory Adviser will develop, enhance and support ANC’s capacity in dealing with current and developing technical regulatory issues for the effective discharge of ANC’s statutory functions and duties under the Telecommunications Decree-law.
The main responsibilities include the definition of the capacity required for effective radio spectrum management and other priority technical aspects, developing a capacity building program, obtaining approvals, advising the ANC Board on regulatory matters and organisational design, providing consultation and training to relevant staff and assessing post-training performance. Other duties may be assigned.
The technical regulatory issues are thought to encompass but not be limited to radio spectrum, numbering, interconnection, pricing, certification and ITU filings.
- 10 or more years experience in a telecommunications and radio communications regulatory role.
- Demonstrated experience of dealing with technical regulatory issues including: radio spectrum; numbering and interconnection; development of national radio spectrum plans; technical standards and approval arrangements; and an understanding of the role of an International Telecommunication Union, and other international standards bodies.
- Mentoring skills to assist the ANC develop internally the technical skills it needs to regulate the market;
- Experience with the ITU’s Spectrum Management System for Developing Countries (SMS4DC) software system; and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
For a full Position Descriptions, downland the Terms of Reference here.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields.
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework (http://aid.dfat.gov.au/publications/pages/3994_1809_6357_1618_6763.aspx) and will fall within Discipline Group C, Job Level 3/4 (depending on level of experience).
Applicants are required to submit the following:
Response to each of the Selection Criteria above;
A current CV;
Copies of relevant qualifications; and
Names and contact details of two (2) referees.
These should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before midnight Dili Time (GMT +9) on 1 December 2013.
For applicants in Dili, hard copy applications can be submitted in person to the Cardno office at the following address:
Cardno Emerging Markets
Estrada de Balide, Dili